This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games are you playing right now and how would you rate them?

#1CyricsServantPosted 6/9/2013 7:28:16 AM
*possible spoilers for this entire thread*

System Shock 2 - 8/10: I've been hearing good things about this game for years so I decided to take a chance on it. Imo, SS2 has aged quite well. I don't like it as much as Bioshock, but I can't deny the character customization is much more involved. The non-linear level design is also a real treat. I love being able to explore and discover sections of the starship that are entirely optional instead of getting funneled down a linear corridor for 15+ hours. If I had any complaints, is that the last few levels aren't as strong as the first few and the ending is a bit too flippant given how creepy the game is. Awesome antagonist though, and great atmosphere. Definitely worth a buy.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 8.5/10: This was a great little JRPG. The whole thing felt very whimsical, and I really got into the monster (aka familiar) raising aspect of it. The characters were all pretty endearing, and the plot was enjoyable even if it played things a little too safe.

Skyrim: Legendary Edition - 9/10: I'm only about 7 hours into it, but I can already tell this game is going to be a time sink. I'm not a big fan of Oblivion, but so far this game seems to be a huge improvement over its predecessor. The region design seems more intriguing, the leveling system is actually logical, certain characters and quest lines actually feel unique and well thought out, and generate somewhat unique loot, and several of the dungeons I've entered seem to have been actually designed instead of randomly generated. Good stuff so far!
#2casedawgzPosted 6/9/2013 7:34:35 AM
State of Decay: 7.5/10

I love the gameplay but technically it's a mess to the point that there are constant irritations and frustrations dragging it down for me.

WWE 13: 8/10

Huge roster and huge feature set but the AI is so bad compared to 12 it's unbelievable.

Splatterhouse: 6/10

It's taking me a long time to get through. It's fun in short bursts but really repetitive.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#3iceman505Posted 6/9/2013 7:37:12 AM
I got the the Defiance Limited Edition three weeks ago, and have spent every free moment playing it since. When the servers are stable, and it operates well, 9/10. But, there are times where you will repeatedly get timed out of the servers. Which means I have to give it a 7/10. However, this has not happened to me since the most recent patch, so maybe that problem is a thing of the past.
#4master_gamr1231Posted 6/9/2013 7:38:10 AM
Far Cry 3- Pretty fun, though it can get a bit repetitive and boring kinda quickly. Also took some getting used to since it's the first FPS I've spent any significant amount of time playing since Halo CE. 8/10
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 6/9/2013 7:39:34 AM
I've recently played:

Metro: Last Light - 8.2

Resident Evil: Revelations - 5.5

I will play Remember Me in sometime.
---
My Resident Evil: Revelations Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/700996-resident-evil-revelations/reviews/review-154461
#6khfan60Posted 6/9/2013 7:42:47 AM
Dead Island 8.5/10

I really don't see why this gets so much hate
---
I keep thinking, how can my feet smell if they don't have a nose? - Ed
#7bossk5Posted 6/9/2013 7:56:58 AM
State of Decay 8/10
Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention 8/10
Record of Agarest War 7/10
Monster Hunter 3U 9/10
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#8rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 6/9/2013 8:34:16 AM
Skyrim 10/10
Uncharted 3 MP 10/10 Serious fun to be had here.
---
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/aidenpop2/ for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Gameplays.
____^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^___________________________________
#9yankeemarksmanPosted 6/9/2013 8:36:36 AM
Dark souls ptd edition
My second playthrough, 9/10

Timeshift 7/10.
---
The honourable Incitatatus
#10_LordAndSaviorPosted 6/9/2013 8:56:29 AM
State of Decay 8.5/10

It's a really good game but I feel it's missing some things that should have been a given like being able to take a character out with you for no reason and travel, instead of forcing you to be alone.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.