This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me choose....

#1chizzaroidPosted 6/9/2013 4:24:09 PM
Out of theses options, what would you choose? - Results (128 votes)
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
13.28% (17 votes)
Forza Horizon
10.16% (13 votes)
Left 4 Dead 2
10.16% (13 votes)
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
0% (0 votes)
Dante's Inferno
3.13% (4 votes)
Metro 2033
3.91% (5 votes)
Fallout New Vegas
45.31% (58 votes)
Red Faction Guerrilla
4.69% (6 votes)
Vanquish
4.69% (6 votes)
Binary Domain
4.69% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've owned Horizon and L4D 2 before and loved them, but sold them to get other things that were coming out at the time. I have played none of the other games. Thanks for any responses!!
---
GT: Chizzatron
#2flame030191Posted 6/9/2013 4:30:42 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur.

Very underrated. Had it when it launched, but sold it due to financial reasons. Just downloaded a copy and got pretty addicted quickly. It's currently the only single player game I'll play. I even have Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Tomb Raider, and more, but I just can't bring myself to play them long before I go back to KOA.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Member of uTR
#3chizzaroid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 4:45:11 PM
flame030191 posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur.

Very underrated. Had it when it launched, but sold it due to financial reasons. Just downloaded a copy and got pretty addicted quickly. It's currently the only single player game I'll play. I even have Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Tomb Raider, and more, but I just can't bring myself to play them long before I go back to KOA.

That's the game I'm leaning towards, but I keep reading negative things about it. It seems like everyone seems to say it's too easy and boring, and that's made me hesitant. I loved the demo though, and thought it seemed pretty solid.
---
#4flame030191Posted 6/9/2013 4:49:25 PM
chizzaroid posted...
flame030191 posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur.

That's the game I'm leaning towards, but I keep reading negative things about it. It seems like everyone seems to say it's too easy and boring, and that's made me hesitant. I loved the demo though, and thought it seemed pretty solid.

People were too harsh on it simply because it's something different. If you know what you're doing and how the system it has works, it can be pretty easy, but there is a difficulty option to set it harder.

The story is confusing unless you actually put the time and effort to learn about the lore it has. At first I was very lost, and as such, bored. However, once I started looking up the story and reading more material in the game, it made more sense.

What I loved most is it seems to mix three excellent games in a different way: Dragon Age's exploration (IE its dungeons/caves/etc are pretty straight forward), Fable's combat (switching between weapons and magic as easy as pressing a different button, all of which can combo together) and Elder Scrolls's interactions/crime/etc. I also like the world, and the fact that it's pretty open, despite limitations such as no jump button.

It's no Elder Scrolls killer, but it's definitely a good companion.
---
Member of uTR
#5Spectral_CloudPosted 6/9/2013 4:51:20 PM
I'd say go New Vegas so long as you get the Ultimate edition, think they called it that anyways, with all the DLC New Vegas is a really amazing game in my opinion.Don't know why but Kingdom just did not appeal to me whatsoever but to each their own i suppose.
---
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#6chizzaroid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2013 5:18:16 PM
Spectral_Cloud posted...
I'd say go New Vegas so long as you get the Ultimate edition, think they called it that anyways, with all the DLC New Vegas is a really amazing game in my opinion.Don't know why but Kingdom just did not appeal to me whatsoever but to each their own i suppose.

Is NV more varied in it's landscapes? My only issue with FO3 was that everything looked the same no matter where I went.
---
#7flame030191Posted 6/9/2013 5:23:01 PM
chizzaroid posted...
Spectral_Cloud posted...

Is NV more varied in it's landscapes? My only issue with FO3 was that everything looked the same no matter where I went.

It's worse in NV. There's a lot of hills that seem climbable, but as soon as you start, there's an invisible wall forcing you to go down the designated path. Outside of that, there's the vegas strip, Hoover Dam, Air Force Base, and a few random settlements. At least in F3 you could find actual landmarks with remarkable history, such as the Lincoln Memorial.
---
Member of uTR
#8MoonBoundPosted 6/9/2013 6:58:36 PM
chizzaroid posted...
flame030191 posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur.

Its fun once you get past the beginning area and fight more interesting enemies but the game is to easy espically when you play a pure class but the first 30 40 hours is a blast because it feels fresh, vanquish felt to repetitive and overrated to me. But the rest are all good games you really need to figure out what your in the mood for I'd pick the most unique one out of the bunch which is either metro or binary.
#9master_gamr1231Posted 6/9/2013 7:06:59 PM
Well, I've only played 1 of them and I only own 3 of them, but... New Vegas is still amazing. It improves upon FO 3 incredibly.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#10flame030191Posted 6/9/2013 7:08:32 PM
master_gamr1231 posted...
Well, I've only played 1 of them and I only own 3 of them, but... New Vegas is still amazing. It improves upon FO 3 incredibly.

gameplay wise, yes.

Story, setting, glitching, exploration, etc, no.
---
Member of uTR