This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you wish had demos

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games you wish had demos
2 years ago#1
Remember Me? Wheres the demo?

Dishonored? Where's the demo?

Alien vs Pred? Where's the demo?

Plenty more.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
2 years ago#2
pretty sure there was an alien vs predator one

Dishonored had the hype and reviews to where no demo was necessary.

Remember was the opposite. didn't want a demo to hurt sales.

gotta remember that demos are all about boosting sales. its a very fine line that has to be balanced on whether a demo hurts or helps a game.

perfect example.......one of the most successful uses of a demo for sales...the original Bioshock. I remember the hype exploding after the demo came out.

The opposite RE6. People were basing the game like crazy after the demo came out.
---
"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca
2 years ago#3
your logic doesn't make sense -- I think the Halo's had a little hype too - there's a demo..

AvP - no demo.

demo's are there for letting people try out games before buying - there's no grand criteria for a game to have one some just mysteriously are absent.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
2 years ago#4
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
your logic doesn't make sense -- I think the Halo's had a little hype too - there's a demo..

AvP - no demo.

demo's are there for letting people try out games before buying - there's no grand criteria for a game to have one some just mysteriously are absent.

so you think game companies go through all of the trouble to put out a demo with absolutely no marketing interests what so ever?

And I dont recall Halo Demos except for halo wars.
Also I just looked, they must of taken down the Alien Vs Predator demo, its still downloaded on my xbox but its not on live. That sucks.
---
"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca
2 years ago#5
Here is a good, albeit a little dated, article about game company's decisions for demos.

http://www.gamesradar.com/are-the-days-of-demos-numbered/
---
2 years ago#6
^That article is BS, there's a ton of people out there who don't buy games without playing them first, and there's only 3 ways to do that, renting, a demo, and piracy. So if the developers want to mitigate piracy, AND get constructive criticism on a game before it's done, they need to release a demo BEFORE the release day of the game.

Sebastian1989 posted...
Also I just looked, they must of taken down the Alien Vs Predator demo, its still downloaded on my xbox but its not on live. That sucks.

Halo Reach has a demo.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
2 years ago#7
TheBlueStig posted...
^That article is BS, there's a ton of people out there who don't buy games without playing them first, and there's only 3 ways to do that, renting, a demo, and piracy. So if the developers want to mitigate piracy, AND get constructive criticism on a game before it's done, they need to release a demo BEFORE the release day of the game.

Sebastian1989 posted...

Halo Reach has a demo.

Did you even read the article!? The writer provides evidence to support the pro demo view as well. And has a much better source for both sides then your "there's a ton of people out there" argument.

I am studying marketing at C.T. Bauer and thought this was an interesting topic.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games you wish had demos

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived