This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do they ban me if I change my laptop's IP and download Fable 3?

#1XenobowPosted 6/10/2013 10:33:10 AM(edited)
My account is US but right now I'm not in US so it's blocking me from downloading and it says "it's not available in your country". So my question do they ban me if I change my laptop's IP to US IP in order to download Fable 3?

Note: this country doesn't have Live.
#2Link43130Posted 6/10/2013 10:23:46 AM
yea sure
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#3Super CreaturesPosted 6/10/2013 10:25:24 AM
How would they know?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#4Xenobow(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 3:47:00 AM
Super Creatures posted...
How would they know?
#5lightfighterPosted 6/12/2013 4:46:00 AM
Unless i'm missing something, I don't think they'd know.
#6grimmdaddyPosted 6/12/2013 4:57:58 AM
I hope so :) ,in non hating, shouldnt a proxy do the trick
#7brygoPosted 6/12/2013 4:58:42 AM
Xenobow posted...
My account is US but right now I'm not in US so it's blocking me from downloading and it says "it's not available in your country". So my question do they ban me if I change my laptop's IP to US IP in order to download Fable 3?

Just keep trying every hour, I thinks that's a server issue. I'm not from the US myself while using a US account and encountered "it's not available in your country" but I was able to download it in several tries. Also, download it using MS points (had zero points myself).
---
XBL GT: BorgyWorgy
#8Xenobow(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 10:18:38 AM
brygo posted...
Xenobow posted...

Just keep trying every hour, I thinks that's a server issue. I'm not from the US myself while using a US account and encountered "it's not available in your country" but I was able to download it in several tries. Also, download it using MS points (had zero points myself).

Did not work :"(
#9brygoPosted 6/12/2013 9:26:39 PM
Xenobow posted...
brygo posted...
Xenobow posted...

That's strange. Did you downloading it through the website? Because that's what I did, it wouldn't work using my Xbox.
---
XBL GT: BorgyWorgy
#10Xenobow(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 3:43:32 AM
brygo posted...
Xenobow posted...
brygo posted...
Xenobow posted...

That's strange. Did you downloading it through the website? Because that's what I did, it wouldn't work using my Xbox.

Yes, through the website.