This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Days like this make me miss G4

#1rttnPosted 6/10/2013 12:54:16 PM
Say what you will about how the industry killed two good networks for being "Too niche". I can't stand these Gametrailers.com folk. I miss Morgan Webb, Sessler, Blair Herter & the other great G4 reporters.

How are those ratings now G4? Gettin that Cops rerun money?
---
¡PowerGuides 1.11! If you own any XBL Indie Games, Please rate them
GT: rttnCRAFT
#2LandonioPosted 6/10/2013 1:07:10 PM
Forget that. Gimme old TechTV.
---
ROLL TIDE
#3poopninjamvc3mkPosted 6/10/2013 1:10:00 PM
Lol Blair Herter a good reporter.
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063467937.png Deleted my old sig since some mod apparantly got offended because I mentioned Penn State.
#4Dr_Koopa76Posted 6/10/2013 1:11:40 PM
it's okay, the G4 people are hanging out with Major Nelson somewhere
---
3DS FC: 1203-9216-5732/PSN: Lazykarl24
http://i.imgur.com/vGM0GJd.jpg
#5TheBlueStigPosted 6/10/2013 1:12:06 PM
Landonio posted...

This.

Everybody at G4 needs to be drummed out of the industry completely and never be able to get another job.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6rttn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 1:29:06 PM
Quote:Landonio posted...

This.

Everybody at G4 needs to be drummed out of the industry completely and never be able to get another job.

@TheBlueStig

How am I not surprised you have something negative to say. This is why I'm more of a lurker around here, there can't be one thread without someone being negative. Also, inb4leave because I'm not, someone has to bring some positivity or at least neutrality to these boards beside GlassGhost

It's not like any of the people that work for G4 or TechTV had any say in anything that went down in the demise of either network. That and TechTV's shows were more like what they became ultimately. A web channel. Rev3 garnered more success than TechTV ever would have allowed being pinned down by a major network.

As for G4, it really was the same thing. A lot of shows that work better online & crap reruns of crap shows. AOTS & Xplay were the saving grace of that channel. Say what you will about any of their reporters, but they are all far better than Keighley, Pachter, & whoever this kid imitating Yanni's look is.
---
#7Link43130Posted 6/10/2013 1:31:59 PM
rttn posted...
AOTS & Xplay were the saving grace of that channel.

AOTS and Xplay were two of their lowest rated shows. You wanna know why Cops was played so often? It pulled better ratings than both AOTS and Xplay combined.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#8rttn(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 1:33:07 PM
When you play a show for hours on end, it will obviously get more ratings.
---
#9DunnoBroPosted 6/10/2013 1:33:17 PM
I never thought anything could possibly be worth than g4... then gametrailers came along.
---
>Implying I don't actually know
3DS FC: 3308 4781 6052
#10VincentVegaPosted 6/10/2013 1:55:05 PM
G4 was enthrals tic and asked some tough questions. Geoff Keighly just nods and goes along with the pr spin. It's pretty sickening to watch.
---
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots