This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So thinking about it, the free game is to get people used to digital games.

#1Link43130Posted 6/10/2013 4:13:04 PM
So then it makes sense after halo 3/ac2 come out we'll get a bunch of Kinect only games since they need to get people used to the idea of having a kinect

i can't wait for a afree copy of gunstringer and angry birds
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#2TheRobPosted 6/10/2013 4:21:11 PM
No. People are already use to digital. Not everyone is okay with a pure digital download future, but they're still use to digital by now.

It's just a ploy to gain favor with their fans, who may or may not be disgruntled, and to also make some money through DLC sales. They'll probably just give away games with a lot of DLC that aren't selling a lot On Demand. They figure people will probably invest in the DLC since they didn't have to purchase the base game itself.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#3Link43130(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 4:22:30 PM
TheRob posted...
No. People are already use to digital. Not everyone is okay with a pure digital download future, but they're still use to digital by now.

It's just a ploy to gain favor with their fans, who may or may not be disgruntled, and to also make some money through DLC sales. They'll probably just give away games with a lot of DLC that aren't selling a lot On Demand. They figure people will probably invest in the DLC since they didn't have to purchase the base game itself.

nah enoji ur kinect games lol
---
#4Super CreaturesPosted 6/10/2013 4:24:25 PM
Link43130 posted...
we'll get a bunch of Kinect only games since they need to get people used to the idea of having a kinect

The best way to do that would be to give everybody a free Kinect.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5TheRobPosted 6/10/2013 4:26:47 PM(edited)
Link43130 posted...
TheRob posted...

nah enoji ur kinect games lol

If you say so. But I'm still betting on DLC-centric games to be the freebies and I can't really think of a lot of Kinect games with much DLC, granted I don't play a lot of Kinect. But Fable 3, Halo 3 and Assasin's Creed 2 have already been confirmed and each of those games feature a decent amount of DLC. So it seems to be the trend in which this is going so far.

---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#6rhynoNOrhinoPosted 6/10/2013 4:27:28 PM
i thought the same thing TC, i think you are correct
---
[r]..[y]..[a]..[n]
#7Link43130(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 4:34:08 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Link43130 posted...
we'll get a bunch of Kinect only games since they need to get people used to the idea of having a kinect

The best way to do that would be to give everybody a free Kinect.

its called the xbone mayb uve heard of it
---
#8SunDevil77Posted 6/10/2013 5:06:46 PM
TC, you've got quite the number of conspiracy theories
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#9NUKER002Posted 6/10/2013 5:08:43 PM
Although "TheRob" (what a name) dose have 1 of the 2 reason they did it, I think it's more to get us to stay with Microsoft and buy the Xbox (EPIC FAIL) One, problem is there are a lot of things We don't like about it, biggest of all is Kinect is need for everything, can't even tern it on without using Kinect (IE, no F-ing power button)! But the problem with there choice so far is most of us have/had these games already on disk!
#10Link43130(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2013 5:08:59 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
TC, you've got quite the number of conspiracy theories

n u like bad halo games what of it
---