This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know...I got myself all worked up today about these next gen consoles

#1hulkhogan1Posted 6/10/2013 11:55:39 PM
Getting excited about the Xbox One games while trying to not be disappointed about the negatives of the console. Trying to decide if the PS4 is the better alternative. Wishing they could take the best parts about both consoles and combine them into one ultimate console with nothing to be disappointed about. But now I realize, I could just save myself all the trouble and money, and just stick to the 360 for a while.

I went an entire year of just sticking with my PS2 until I finally bought a 360. I don't know why people need to feel obligated to buy a next gen console just for the sake of having the most up to date hardware. But today I realized the choice is up to me, and with great games like GTA 5, Watch Dogs, and Arkham Origins still to look forward to, along with a large backlog of 360 games I still have, I realize now I'll be perfectly fine sticking with what I have, instead of having to worry about which next gen console is better.

Down the road I'll probably end up getting the Xbox One or PS4, after waiting a while to hear what fans think about them, which one ends up with a better collection of games, and hopefully a price drop. I might even buy a PS3 in the meantime which I've never owned and which will probably see a price drop after the PS4 is out. There are plenty of PS3 exclusives I've never got to play that would hold me over for a while. Plus I would have the PS2 backwards compatibility option, which the PS4 won't have.

It just makes me feel better knowing we have a choice, and sticking to the current gen for a while before switching over to the new one might be the more satisfying option in the long run.
#2RPGNinja123Posted 6/11/2013 12:00:13 AM
Hell ive gone back to my Wii and PS2 to play all the older games I missed. It is such a blast.
---
[A Gamefaqs moderator was deleted by this message]
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#3RycerXPosted 6/11/2013 12:07:22 AM
hulkhogan1 posted...
It just makes me feel better knowing we have a choice, and sticking to the current gen for a while before switching over to the new one might be the more satisfying option in the long run.

That's where I'm standing right now. The fact that this gen produced so many worthwhile titles combined with a complete lack of backwards compatibility in next gen consoles is what makes that such an appealing alternative.
#42Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 6/11/2013 1:11:51 AM
Yeah I've waited for every new generation (except the Wii which I got the month after release) and it's saved me a lot of money in the long run and I think I'm going to do it this year too. I have tons of games that I either haven't played or want to play again for my 360, PS2, and PC. I'll probably wait til the games I really want to come out for next gen then get the slim model cheaper bundled version of probably the PS4.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#5DWB1982Posted 6/11/2013 1:12:45 AM
Man, call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm probably one of the older guys on this message board.. I for one WILL NOT be buying the XBOX1

Next gen for me is going to be all about the PS4 and the XBOX360

I don't want that All Seeing Eye (Kinect) in my home watching me and listening to me.. People might say that the Kinect won't be spying but if you guys knew about Microsoft and Bill Gates.. This company supports the NWO, Agenda 21, and all sorts of crazy stuff...

You guys, you might think it's not a big deal but where does the spying end? They are taking little by little until we end up in a full blown Big Brother society...

Not to mention, I bought my PS3 first.. XBOX360 second... I feel as thought the XBOX360 tries to milk you.. I'm always having to buy crap for the system whether it's Microsoft Points or XBOX Live memberships.. Man I bought the Elite bundle with Forza 3 and Skyrim and that sucker didn't even come with a HDMI or any high definition cables... XBOX loves to milk it...

Well, they aren't milking me anymore... I'm not buying any games but I will be grabbing up those free games that come out every month.. Fable 3.. I've been on that horrible game all day LOL...

Let me get them games Microsoft!

Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3

Let me get them games Microsoft!
---
PSN=MWB1982
360 Live=InterceptorGT
#6Banana_ManaPosted 6/11/2013 1:33:08 AM
Nobody feels obligated to buy anything.

Some people want to buy new consoles to experience new games, graphics etc...

Why get worked up about something? Either buy one or don't... It's not worth getting worked up about.
---
Do you enjoy gaming related top 10 lists? If so, go here:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
#7DWB1982Posted 6/11/2013 1:39:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 6/11/2013 1:42:33 AM
DWB1982 posted...

It's UNANIMOUS!!!!

Unanimous among MMA fans usually means unanimous to people with brain damage. Leave the pic behind if you're trying to make a point.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9DWB1982Posted 6/11/2013 1:50:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 6/11/2013 1:54:00 AM
DWB1982 posted...

You just can't... If you support it, you are a transparent shill at this point... It's too easy to see through you guys right now...

I don't have brand loyalty, never have, never will, which is why I think everyone participating in the 'console war' is an idiot-- you and your dumbassed MMA joke included.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF