This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know...I got myself all worked up today about these next gen consoles

#21Banana_ManaPosted 6/11/2013 4:14:09 AM
Overburdened posted...
430 for new xbox and ps4? i saw them going for 599 on amazon, unless that was just a guide price untill they knew for sure what price to charge.

i think it is steep, but alright, im personally not getting a new games console, so it doesnt bother me.

because thinking back to when the ps1 was released, how much was that, 170ish? when you think about the technology jump from p21 to these new consoles its understandable.

its a tough question :P. im just trying to compare it to things that are already out, like i bought a 32gb ipod touch for 230, but then the pros with that is you have a personal computer in your pocket at all times, 430 for just a games console does seem a bit much. even 350 sounds alot.

PS4 will be 350...

Games are going to be 50 new!

Seems a tad excessive to me. But the Xbox1 will be 430 - ridiculous price... A high-end PC doesn't cost much more.
---
Do you enjoy gaming related top 10 lists? If so, go here:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
#22Banana_ManaPosted 6/11/2013 4:17:13 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Overburdened posted...
430 for new xbox and ps4? i saw them going for 599 on amazon, unless that was just a guide price untill they knew for sure what price to charge.

i think it is steep, but alright, im personally not getting a new games console, so it doesnt bother me.

because thinking back to when the ps1 was released, how much was that, 170ish? when you think about the technology jump from p21 to these new consoles its understandable.

its a tough question :P. im just trying to compare it to things that are already out, like i bought a 32gb ipod touch for 230, but then the pros with that is you have a personal computer in your pocket at all times, 430 for just a games console does seem a bit much. even 350 sounds alot.

PS4 will be 350...

Games are going to be 50 new!

Seems a tad excessive to me. But the Xbox1 will be 430 - ridiculous price... A high-end PC doesn't cost much more.

Also, any reason for not buying a new console?
---
#23OverburdenedPosted 6/11/2013 4:26:37 AM
really? theyre not as expensive as i thought they'd be then.

50 for a game new is alright, when you compare them to argos's prices, im pretty sure they still ask 25 for the first assassins creed or something ridiculous like that.

im not getting one my self because i cant afford it and was quite late getting a 360, so my list of games i still want to play on this console is pretty ruddy big, i dont buy games that often so have a very large backlog.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
I..am..Kolos, the great Leviathan._
#24Banana_ManaPosted 6/11/2013 4:31:34 AM
Overburdened posted...

50 for a game new is alright, when you compare them to argos's prices, im pretty sure they still ask 25 for the first assassins creed or something ridiculous like that.

im not getting one my self because i cant afford it and was quite late getting a 360, so my list of games i still want to play on this console is pretty ruddy big, i dont buy games that often so have a very large backlog.

Fair enough...

I'm not too bothered about the 50 per game... 40 at the moment so it's not a huge increase.

I was hoping the new consoles wouldn't be too expensive, so I could buy them :) But, over 400 is too much - may as well just go PC then...

The PS4 at 350 is ok in my book.

I'm now torn between PS4 and PC.

Been saving for a house all year - not bought any new games this year, so the wife and I have decided to buy one new console (or PC) at the end of the year...
---
#25OverburdenedPosted 6/11/2013 4:55:07 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Overburdened posted...

Fair enough...

I'm not too bothered about the 50 per game... 40 at the moment so it's not a huge increase.

I was hoping the new consoles wouldn't be too expensive, so I could buy them :) But, over 400 is too much - may as well just go PC then...

The PS4 at 350 is ok in my book.

I'm now torn between PS4 and PC.

Been saving for a house all year - not bought any new games this year, so the wife and I have decided to buy one new console (or PC) at the end of the year...

yea 350 for a PS4 isnt bad, if i were to buy a new console it would probably be that, just because im happy with my 360. its a fair price and i have never personally owned a playstation.

youll be able to get the xbox1 games on PC at some point (i'd have thought) and plug a controller in, you'll be sorted.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
I..am..Kolos, the great Leviathan._