This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is there a way to make the xbox live videos not suck?

#1txbullyPosted 6/11/2013 2:41:12 AM
topic
---
GT: stonefaceCal
I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.
#2Dagoth_WitPosted 6/11/2013 3:05:06 AM
Is there a way for you to be more specific?
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#3txbully(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 4:25:19 AM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Is there a way for you to be more specific?

sure.

they're always choppy and unwatchable, even if you let the load.

i assumed it was like that for everyone, since my friends have the same problem.
---
#4TBD2009Posted 6/11/2013 4:29:02 AM
It might be your internet connection, or it might be you purchasing "SD" versions of the videos.

I've been watching Netflix, Hulu Plus, and even purchased/rented Xbox Videos, on my Xbox 360, and the only time my video looked "choppy" (and actually, it was more like watching the pixelated videos of lower quality YouTube videos), was when my connection was unstable.

So you may want to check your internet connection, and see if it's a problem with your ISP, or your network.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#5txbully(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 4:33:54 AM
TBD2009 posted...
It might be your internet connection, or it might be you purchasing "SD" versions of the videos.

I've been watching Netflix, Hulu Plus, and even purchased/rented Xbox Videos, on my Xbox 360, and the only time my video looked "choppy" (and actually, it was more like watching the pixelated videos of lower quality YouTube videos), was when my connection was unstable.

So you may want to check your internet connection, and see if it's a problem with your ISP, or your network.

no no no, my netflix and hulu is fine.

it's the xbox vids from the dash, like the xbox one reveal vids.

i doubt it's my internet, because gaming is fine also, not to mention my friends are having the same problems. try to watch the halo 5 trailer to get an idea of what i'm talking about.
---
#6TBD2009Posted 6/11/2013 5:14:52 AM
txbully posted...

i doubt it's my internet, because gaming is fine also, not to mention my friends are having the same problems. try to watch the halo 5 trailer to get an idea of what i'm talking about.

Ah, you've got to clarify a little more, when you detail your problems, then.

I just watched the "Halo on Xbox One" trailer on my dashboard, and didn't see a single issue with the quality (looked like standard 720p to me). The only time I noticed anything wrong, was during the text at the end, where the cloud effect looked slightly pixelated. The rest was solid, with no choppiness (like buffering), or artifacting.

I also checked out the "Dead Rising 3" trailer, and it too was just fine.

I'm not sure why you, or your friends, are seeing any issues. Sorry.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#7txbully(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 1:49:35 PM
TBD2009 posted...
txbully posted...

Ah, you've got to clarify a little more, when you detail your problems, then.

I just watched the "Halo on Xbox One" trailer on my dashboard, and didn't see a single issue with the quality (looked like standard 720p to me). The only time I noticed anything wrong, was during the text at the end, where the cloud effect looked slightly pixelated. The rest was solid, with no choppiness (like buffering), or artifacting.

I also checked out the "Dead Rising 3" trailer, and it too was just fine.

I'm not sure why you, or your friends, are seeing any issues. Sorry.

oh, thanks.

maybe it's a region thing i don't know.
---
#8TheBlueStigPosted 6/11/2013 1:55:41 PM
txbully posted...
TBD2009 posted...

Netflix and Hulu transmit video at fairly low video and audio bitrates compared to the stuff coming directly from Microsoft in HD resolutions and bitrates.

And online gaming doesn't take up much bandwidth at all, so that's not something relevant to compare to.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin