This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Gamers" Make Me Laugh.

#1M_TollitsonPosted 6/11/2013 2:28:17 AM
At Microsofts conference they showed nothing but console games. No Tv, no Music, Nothing but games. At no point did they even use the Kinect.

They showed some fantastic games, some fantastic exclusive games such as...

Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Quantum Break
Forza
Halo
Titan Fall
Sunset Overdrive
Project Spark
Killer Instinct

And also showed some fantastic multiplats.

But STILL "gamers" complain.
#2JukainPosted 6/11/2013 2:29:47 AM
Not interested in any of those games.

Games they showed today that I -was- interested in: Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV, Lightning Returns, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

None of them exclusive, you'll notice.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#3M_Tollitson(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 2:32:38 AM
Jukain posted...
Not interested in any of those games.

Games they showed today that I -was- interested in: Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV, Lightning Returns, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

None of them exclusive, you'll notice.

I just E-mailed Microsoft. They said they'll review your playing history and change their games to fit your personal needs.

You don't seem to get the point.
#4JukainPosted 6/11/2013 2:34:02 AM
I'm pretty sure your point was the Xbox One has fantastic exclusives, so we should stop complaining.

I, as a gamer, am not interested in any of the Xbox One exclusives so far, so your point is lost on me.
---
#5M_Tollitson(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 2:36:35 AM
Jukain posted...
I'm pretty sure your point was the Xbox One has fantastic exclusives, so we should stop complaining.

I, as a gamer, am not interested in any of the Xbox One exclusives so far, so your point is lost on me.

No my point was that all everyone wanted was for Microsoft to talk about games. Games that don't require Kinect. The only sony exclusive I'm really interested in is FFXV but that doesn't mean I think the PS4 looks terrible. It took a lot longer for me to make a decision on pre ordering then I thought.
#6JukainPosted 6/11/2013 2:38:12 AM
FFXV isn't confirmed exclusive yet. To be fair, PS4 doesn't have any exclusives that are immediately wowing me yet, either. I'm content with the current gen for a little while longer.
---
#7nableetPosted 6/11/2013 2:39:03 AM
I don't like Kinect, don't really use the other media on the Xbox and am only interested in the games.

I'm glad they just talked about games, however the DRM and price are both negatives, and the exclusives are pretty meh.

Tough decision coming up.
#8TBD2009Posted 6/11/2013 2:43:55 AM
The problem isn't just the "gamers", though. Yes, Microsoft announced some solid titles (personally, Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct look like great "launch releases")... but people are still left with a lot of rage over what they perceive to be an insult, with the "You need to connect at least once a day, to play your games" condition to using the system.

To most people, they are seeing it as: "Once we discontinue our support of the X1, and the titles associated with this console, your system will be rendered unable to play any of your downloaded content, but will still be able to play videos and watch tv!".

That, right there, is more than enough reason to most people, who ~are~ serious about their gaming, not to support the console at all. Nobody wants to purchase games with an "expiration date" attached.

And no gamer wants to be told, be it directly or otherwise, that their games will be impossible to play, after an undetermined period of time, and their $500 console will become nothing but a paperweight when the servers go offline.

This is why many people (myself included), refuse to play "Online Only" games, because what's the point in paying for something that, ultimately, will have a finite span of playability, before the company removes your ability to play it.

Right now, I'm sitting back, waiting to see how this: "You must establish a connection to the Xbox Live authentication servers to confirm your game library and profile details." will work out... but right now, with the information we have, I'm leaning more towards skipping this console.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#9M_Tollitson(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 2:44:28 AM
nableet posted...
I don't like Kinect, don't really use the other media on the Xbox and am only interested in the games.

I'm glad they just talked about games, however the DRM and price are both negatives, and the exclusives are pretty meh.

Tough decision coming up.

The DRM isn't too bad but it would definitely be prefered if it wasn't there. I can imagine for people with no internet that its pretty crappy to know they have no choice but I'm also glad its only a once a day thing.

For me, Dead Rising 3 really stole both shows. Apart from that I'm really looking forward to the multiplats. The Division looked great. Again I can see price being an issue for a lot of people but I don't think its a crazy price. Its not like the PS3 launch.
#10JukainPosted 6/11/2013 2:45:20 AM
It's not a crazy price, it's just more expensive than the PS4 and may very well offer less because of the DRM practices.
---