This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"Gamers" Make Me Laugh.

#21GawdDawgsPosted 6/11/2013 7:30:07 AM
rb10001 posted...
let's take a stroll back in time, shall we people? let's remember when sony was a monopoly in the video game business. let's remember they tried to take the whole damn video game industry over by releasing the psp (at the time the ps2 was a monopoly). they were going for the total package. only sony and nothing else. handheld and consoles.

let's think back with the first xbox. remember how nice it was to have competition and you being a US gamer meant something again? all of those great non-japanese developers and not waiting 5 years for a translation?

i think people forgot what ms did for gamers. sure, you might not like how they are doing things now but if they didn't step in we would only have the ps3 and vita right now. heck, nintento would be a third-party as well.

fun fact: do you know why the ps3 is hard to develop for? it was due to sony thinking they still had the console monopoly. they make it hard to program for developers so it would be hard to port games to other systems. they thought the ps3 would be the lead platform. nice guys, right?

so i will take the good with the bad when it comes to ms.

People didn't forget. People remember quite fondly, actually, and is the reason why we all love our 360's. But Microsoft is going after a different demographic, while gamers who went with the Xbox brand feel "abandoned".

In a way, I feel MS is in the same position now that Sony was when the PS3 launched. They're being arrogant and will learn their lesson, which should actually be a good thing for the competition.
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#22Trisha_GoddardPosted 6/11/2013 7:32:53 AM
M_Tollitson posted...
At Microsofts conference they showed nothing but console games. No Tv, no Music, Nothing but games. At no point did they even use the Kinect.

They showed some fantastic games, some fantastic exclusive games such as...

Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Quantum Break
Forza
Halo
Titan Fall
Sunset Overdrive
Project Spark
Killer Instinct

And also showed some fantastic multiplats.

But STILL "gamers" complain.

Dead Rising 3 looked grey and grim. Not what I want from the sequel to one of my favourite games.

Ryse: QTE hack and slash nonsense. Dated.

Quantum Break: come back when you've seen any real gameplay.

Forza: impossibly dull

Halo: see above

Tital Fall: looks like Halo.

Sunset Overdrive: looked great until the combat and then it looked like Crackdown 2 (which was awful).

Project Spark: looked alright.

Killer Instinct: A free-to-play DLC nightmare.

Your point exactly?
#23Firespark1Posted 6/11/2013 7:39:46 AM
It cost $499 vs $399. That pretty much make it a major loss to many many people. A lot of people out there are either cheap, broke, or have different priority. And then theres the DRM issue... The showcased by MS was good, but not enough to convince others to look pass the pricing and DRM issue.
#24SunDevil77Posted 6/11/2013 7:42:50 AM
Trisha_Goddard posted...
Dead Rising 3 looked grey and grim. Not what I want from the sequel to one of my favourite games.

Ryse: QTE hack and slash nonsense. Dated.

Quantum Break: come back when you've seen any real gameplay.

Forza: impossibly dull

Halo: see above

Tital Fall: looks like Halo.

Sunset Overdrive: looked great until the combat and then it looked like Crackdown 2 (which was awful).

Project Spark: looked alright.

Killer Instinct: A free-to-play DLC nightmare.

Your point exactly?

I'm not taking anyone's side...but all your criticisms are pretty weak.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#25TenzhiPosted 6/11/2013 8:03:11 AM
The only game out of that list that had my attention was Forza 5.

Titanfall might be something I'd rent if it has campaign co-op, but I'm absolutely disinterested in PVP and it looks like rentals are out the window on the XBOne anyway.

Ryse might be something I'd rent, but again rentals don't seem to be an option. I'm not terribly interested in every mook-fight turning into a series of demi-pauses for telegraphed commands.

Yes, I wanted them to talk about games, but if the games don't interest me then they might as well go on to talk about all the gestures and voice commands you can use to access your fantasy football team for all the good it's doing them.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.