This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MGSV: The Phantom Pain E3 2013 Trailer (Extended Director's Cut)

#1badboyPosted 6/11/2013 10:14:03 AM
http://youtu.be/lQ8TZ4fRxFw
#2velvet_hammerPosted 6/11/2013 11:04:05 AM
Holy crap no wonder I had to sign in youtube to view that video.. I also see why MS couldn't show the whole thing at the conference. Looks extremely dark..

That was one of the best E3 trailers I have ever seen.. Kojima is a master of his craft..
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique
#3deimos91Posted 6/11/2013 12:32:38 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
Holy crap no wonder I had to sign in youtube to view that video.. I also see why MS couldn't show the whole thing at the conference. Looks extremely dark..

That was one of the best E3 trailers I have ever seen.. Kojima is a master of his craft..

That man should just make trailers for other people he could sell me on the worst game in the world with his talent
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#4TheBlueStigPosted 6/11/2013 12:40:44 PM
The game is going to catch hell from American politicians when they see the "kids with AK-47's" sequences.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#5cynic460Posted 6/11/2013 12:56:27 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
The game is going to catch hell from American politicians when they see the "kids with AK-47's" sequences.

Doesn't matter as the politicians will bleep and moan about anything. Furthermore, can they honestly dispute that there are child soldiers and that the practice continues? Or people do these inhumane practices whether civilized or not?

Sometimes these end up showing up on, internet videos, tv shows, documentaries, movies and books, so there's no real controversy just if you make it that way.

Though, I'll admit it's pretty dark and it looks good.
#6TheBlueStigPosted 6/11/2013 1:00:27 PM
cynic460 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Doesn't matter as the politicians will bleep and moan about anything. Furthermore, can they honestly dispute that there are child soldiers and that the practice continues? Or people do these inhumane practices whether civilized or not?

Sometimes these end up showing up on, internet videos, tv shows, documentaries, movies and books, so there's no real controversy just if you make it that way.

Videos coming from other countries about child soldiers is something they can ignore because it's not happening in the USA. But a game getting released in the USA with those sequences is going to generate a s***load more controversy than a random video clip.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#7cynic460Posted 6/11/2013 1:10:13 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
cynic460 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Videos coming from other countries about child soldiers is something they can ignore because it's not happening in the USA. But a game getting released in the USA with those sequences is going to generate a s***load more controversy than a random video clip.

Well, if they don't like it, then don't buy it. Consult your representative, etc. Oh but their rep helped in making the industry put the AO rating! Seriously. How many know about that?

Honestly, people are quite clueless these days on how things work and they'll moan about everything even though thats how its been for several years (100 to a few).

By the way, there are documentaries/internet websites showing more gruesome crap about these practices and they can sometimes be bigger than clips.
#8TheBlueStigPosted 6/11/2013 1:28:07 PM
cynic460 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
cynic460 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Well, if they don't like it, then don't buy it. Consult your representative, etc. Oh but their rep helped in making the industry put the AO rating! Seriously. How many know about that?

Honestly, people are quite clueless these days on how things work and they'll moan about everything even though thats how its been for several years (100 to a few).

By the way, there are documentaries/internet websites showing more gruesome crap about these practices and they can sometimes be bigger than clips.

You don't get it, and probably never will, those documentaries aren't being sold or marketed towards kids.

The "for the children" mantra is also the mantra of those in power who campaign to ban or censor things.
---
Ben Franklin
#9cynic460Posted 6/11/2013 1:43:25 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
cynic460 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
cynic460 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

You don't get it, and probably never will, those documentaries aren't being sold or marketed towards kids.

The "for the children" mantra is also the mantra of those in power who campaign to ban or censor things.

I'm not some political hack, mind you. I don't condone the practices, but will they happen? Yes, its a fact of life even if you tried to change it. There are some things you can change whether it takes a while and others that you can't. Mind you those countries have to change themselves for the better and theres a whole lack of to try. Foreign help only goes so far.

All I'm saying is people are insulted way too easily! Or make controversy with things that stayed the same for quite a while whether thousands to a few years. They only complain when it hits their little bubble and disturbs their life.
#10velvet_hammerPosted 6/11/2013 5:09:10 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

I thought the bomb being planted in a child and Snake helping remove it was way more graphic.. so was the extreme torture
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique