This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hey guys. Here's some information about the new "Xbox 360 E" console...

#1SolnotPosted 6/11/2013 6:39:01 PM
According to Microsoft's official support page, the newly redesigned Xbox 360 console that was revealed at E3 2013 is called the "Xbox 360 E". Apart from the aesthetic changes from the Xbox 360 S like the power button placement and disc drive, the Xbox 360 E appears to use a different composite A/V cable with a 3.5mm connector and from the pictures looks like it only has 4 USB ports (2 in the front, 2 in the back) instead of 5 USB ports. Whether or not the console consumes less power (which is probably what the "E" stands for) is unconfirmed until some people have finally gotten their hands-on with the new system.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/360-e-console-setup

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/storage

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/audio-video-setup-and-use/connect-sound-system
#2Solnot(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 7:01:17 PM
It also looks like the "Xbox 360 E" uses a different proprietary power cord that is round-shaped, and it also doesn't have a built-in optical audio port to support digital audio cables.
#3UozzorPosted 6/11/2013 7:09:40 PM
So basically it's just an ugly Xbox 360 that's actually worse than the Slim? Great Microsoft, you sure do know how to please the fans.
---
It's called Xbox One because nobody wants One
#4Solnot(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2013 7:43:58 PM
They probably made it with the intent of phasing out the current Xbox 360 Slims and giving people an alternative to the XBOX ONE when it comes out this fall.
#5Lucha_VillaPosted 6/11/2013 7:53:48 PM
Solnot posted...
They probably made it with the intent of phasing out the current Xbox 360 Slims and giving people an alternative to the XBOX ONE when it comes out this fall.

Yeah, the "offline" version of the Xbox One.
#6SolisPosted 6/11/2013 8:11:28 PM
Solnot posted...
It also looks like the "Xbox 360 E" uses a different proprietary power cord that is round-shaped, and it also doesn't have a built-in optical audio port to support digital audio cables.

That's extremely disappointing, considering that was such a useful feature to me with the S model. Wait, did they actually remove the optical audio output altogether? Because on the A/V setup page, it doesn't even list S/PDIF or TOSLINK under the heading for the Xbox 360 E while it does for both the S and original Xbox 360 model (with the latter requiring an extra A/V dongle, that apparently won't work on the Xbox 360 E).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#7pepsiboy95620Posted 6/11/2013 10:08:32 PM
Why would they take optical audio off the Xbox which is the newest version? Are they not thinking? I was gonna buy it but that threw me off now hopefully it's just false info even though its on their website
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#8Auction SniperPosted 6/12/2013 5:53:54 AM
Well, you can forget hooking it up with a component or VGA connection, it looks like HDMI or composite with a 3.5mm jack.
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/audio-video-setup-and-use/connect-xbox-360e-console-tv
---
No More Heroes - The game where you engage in Light-sabre combat while riding on a Greyhound Bus.
#9este914Posted 6/12/2013 6:02:33 AM
I don't care what it looks like, I just want it to be $100 or less at this point ;)
(I know, get real, I know - but I need a new system and i'm not paying more then that right now)
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#10656stoogePosted 6/12/2013 6:28:01 AM
I was really, really hoping that this would use the new Xbox One controller casing but with the original controllers insides.

That thing looks so amazing and yet I'll never get to use it. The PS4 controller looks ugly as hell in comparison. :(
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.