This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the final wave of a gen ever been this big?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 6/12/2013 1:50:15 PM
The Last Of Us
Remember Me
RE:Revelations
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Killer Is Dead
Lost Planet 3
Rayman Legends
Batman: Arkham Origins
Beyond: Two Souls
GTA5.....

plus so many more -- is it always like this?
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#2Gobey6Posted 6/12/2013 1:54:37 PM
Yes and no? Usually lots of big titles come out at the end of a consoles life cycle to promote the last of sales these companies may get out of old system users, also a lot of companies only now have fully realized the potential for these machines and games that really push the limits of the consoles are finally made and released.

But I honestly as a 360 owner am not as excited for this years line up.... It may have been more exciting last Gen since I owned all 3 systems and now only own an Xbox
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#3Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 1:57:26 PM
but..what I'm wondering why would they drop all these killer bombs and then say -- oh and here's a new console!

umm...why would I buy a new console when I have half a dozen games coming out I don't have enough time to play..?
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#4KakkaKarrotKakePosted 6/12/2013 2:23:53 PM
That's sorta the problem alot of us have with the new round of consoles. It's not like current releases are slowing down or that the current crop of consoles are littered with technical problems.

The fact that MS is seemingly trying it's damnedest to convince us not to upgrade doesn't help either.
#5WinnsockPosted 6/12/2013 3:41:24 PM
It's pretty exciting. I can't wait for GTAV, Rayman Legends and Dark Souls II.
---
GT: Winnsock
Streets of Rage Remake v5 - Final Version - Out Now!!! - www.bombergames.net
#6Drofrehterv2Posted 6/12/2013 3:58:18 PM
This isn't the final wave.. They will continue making games for a few years at least.
#7The_Only_HumanPosted 6/12/2013 4:00:27 PM
This last wave of games will probably keep going for about a year into the next gen's life. Dev's need to get comfortable with the new systems but also will still put things out on the old platform.
---
Gamertag: xxsavagedeathxx
#8mrhappyguy12345Posted 6/12/2013 4:03:17 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
but..what I'm wondering why would they drop all these killer bombs and then say -- oh and here's a new console!

umm...why would I buy a new console when I have half a dozen games coming out I don't have enough time to play..?

Not everyone will buy each one of those games just like not everyone will buy a new console on launch day.
---
I love video games : )
#9jenekiPosted 6/12/2013 4:13:32 PM
Heck yeah, I'm loving this year so far!

Ginga Force
Caladrius
Saidaioujou
XIIZeal / DeltaZeal
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#10Ollie The Magic BumPosted 6/12/2013 4:19:20 PM
Don't worry, the new Madden will still be coming out for a longass time on the 360. How long did they stay on Xbox and PS2? Till like 09?
---
"This kid Danny Fortson reminds me of a kid named Kevin McHale." - Tommy Heinsohn