This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the last game you played that was much better than you expected?

#1HELZEROPosted 6/12/2013 1:08:45 PM
Syndicate for me.

Played the demo and hated it. The mediocre reviews turned me off as well. However I ended up getting the full game and I can't stop putting it down. Coop and the sp is really fun. I think the timing was bad on this one, I was in the middle of playing Mass Effect 3 when the game was released.
#2kungfuj0Posted 6/12/2013 1:13:07 PM
Probably Saint's Row 1.

When I first heard of SR, I thought it was just going to be another GTA clone.

Then I played the demo, and I thought it had promise.

Then I got and played the full game and loved it. I thought it was the first game in that genre that actually beat GTA at a few things.
---
And to think...people laughed at me when I said MS could out-EA EA any day of the week.
Who's laughing now, *****es???
#3bossk5Posted 6/12/2013 1:48:09 PM(edited)
State of Decay.

Oddly enough, I'd say before that it was Syndicate for me as well. I bought it for 10 bucks and loved it.
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#4CalgaryMaverickPosted 6/12/2013 1:43:04 PM
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Wasn't really expecting much, but found I was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was.
---
XBL, PSN & Steam GamerTag: CalgaryMaverick
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
#5yankeemarksmanPosted 6/12/2013 2:19:57 PM
Risen 2

F#%& yes!
---
The honourable Incitatatus
#6NickDrakePosted 6/12/2013 2:37:40 PM
Minecraft
---
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy
Oh, man! Wonder if he'll ever know...
#7BlueJester007Posted 6/12/2013 3:27:15 PM
State of Decay.
---
If everyone keeps blindly buying into the hype and praising stuff like Bioshock Infinite, then we'll all be stuck playing Space Invaders forever.
#8master_gamr1231Posted 6/12/2013 3:38:24 PM
Saints Row The Third. Heard almost nothing but complaints about it. Playing it for the first time now and I really think it's fun. Even compared to the previous two. It doesn't feel like such a jarring, bad transition as I was led to expect.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#9TheRobPosted 6/12/2013 3:48:56 PM
Something I had low or no high expectations for or just thought would flat out suck?

Captain America: Super Soldier

Surprisingly a lot better than you'd expect from your usual movie based game, it was very good for what it is.

Here's my comments on the game when I was more fresh off of finishing the game:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/978614-captain-america-super-soldier/62857842
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#10ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 6/12/2013 3:50:40 PM
State of Decay
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS