This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think microsoft would shutdown xbox live on the 360

#1BalactusPosted 6/12/2013 11:11:14 PM
When they launch the xbox one,i recall them shutting down the original xbox live when the 360 arrived?
---
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory"-Bruce Lee
#2Halo_ForeverPosted 6/12/2013 11:30:48 PM
Balactus posted...
When they launch the xbox one,i recall them shutting down the original xbox live when the 360 arrived?

Then you are remembering it wrong, Live for the original Xbox was shutdown in 2010 not 2005.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#3glassghost0Posted 6/12/2013 11:32:11 PM
Oh look, this topic again.

They aren't gonna abandon the 360 anytime soon nor did they abandon the Original Xbox when the 360 came out
---
No Thanks
#4Super CreaturesPosted 6/12/2013 11:40:58 PM
The original XBL was shutdown five years after the original Xbox could no longer be manufactured.

As proven by the fact that they just released the Super Slim, they are still capable of manufacturing 360s.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5Kerr AvonPosted 6/13/2013 12:24:16 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Oh look, this topic again.

They aren't gonna abandon the 360 anytime soon nor did they abandon the Original Xbox when the 360 came out

They did abandon the XBox 1. Look how quickly they stopped games being made for it (2006, I think, whereas the PS2 had games made for it until this year) - XBox games (like PS2 games) have to contain some sort of data checksum, or else the console will not boot the game disc, and only Microsoft (or Sony, in the case of the PS2) know the algorythms that the consoles expect, so without the console manufacturers consent, games for that console can't be burnt to disc.

And look how Microsoft are calling the XBox 3 the XBox One, which is a kick in the teeth for those of us who still use the real XBox 1. Plus the new name will confuse google searches when people are looking for help and get confused between the original XBox and the third XBox, but Microsoft don't seem concerned about that.

Sony don't care much about users either, but at least they didn't artificially kill off the PS2 to help sell the PS3, the way Microsoft did with the XBox 1 and 360.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#6FishbulbPosted 6/13/2013 12:26:54 PM
It will be shut down eventually - but there's a few years left.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#7Super CreaturesPosted 6/13/2013 12:28:31 PM
Kerr Avon posted...
Sony don't care much about users either, but at least they didn't artificially kill off the PS2 to help sell the PS3, the way Microsoft did with the XBox 1 and 360.

They didn't "artificially" kill the original Xbox (and notice, I said original Xbox, the name most people use, almost nobody actually calls it the Xbox 1).

MS was no longer able to manufacture the original Xbox, due to Nvidia attempting to extort money from them to continue to manufacture the GPU used.

Without the GPU, it is impossible to manufacture a console.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#8levyjl1988Posted 6/13/2013 12:39:39 PM
Super Creatures posted...
The original XBL was shutdown five years after the original Xbox could no longer be manufactured.

As proven by the fact that they just released the Super Slim, they are still capable of manufacturing 360s.

Correction: Microsoft is calling the new Xbox 360, Xbox 360 E as indicated on their website.
---
From Xbox 360 to PS4. Hello Sony. Goodbye Microsoft.
#9FishbulbPosted 6/13/2013 12:42:42 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Kerr Avon posted...

They didn't "artificially" kill the original Xbox (and notice, I said original Xbox, the name most people use, almost nobody actually calls it the Xbox 1).

MS was no longer able to manufacture the original Xbox, due to Nvidia attempting to extort money from them to continue to manufacture the GPU used.

Without the GPU, it is impossible to manufacture a console.

Sure. Microsoft was bullied by a manufacturing company, just like it was the third parties that pushed them into DRM hell.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#10ObturatorPosted 6/13/2013 1:20:11 PM
Balactus posted...

They did not shut it immediately. But anyone rational would expect them to shut the 360 servers within a while of the Xbox One launch
---
Xbox One. Ushering in the worst generation in console history.