This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free gold month, did I miss my chance?

#1VertaniusPosted 6/13/2013 3:26:18 AM(edited)
I bought an xbox a couple months ago and I was told I could get a free one month trail, so I figured I'd wait for my friend to be done with his exams before I activate it. I had the "Try a month for free" ad until E3 started.
Now that my friend is finally done I wanted to activate my free month but I couldn't find the option anywhere, the AD that was about free gold is now about E3. I tried going to IExplorer and selecting "No thanks" (that brought the option for a free month before) but it doesn't happen anymore.

Did I miss my chance/screw up?

Forgot to add that I've already played a couple games to unlock a lot of stuff in them for coop/multi and I don't think creating a new account is an option.
---
GT: Vertanius
#2TheRobPosted 6/13/2013 7:41:33 AM
Here you go:

One Month for FREE! (Silvers Only)
**Might be US Only**

Requirements
Silver membership
Valid payment method attached to your account

Go here: http://click.engage.xbox.com/?qs=94f...e5d0ff3b4d2543

It'll ask you to sign into an Xbox LIVE account. Go ahead and do so. You'll be
brought to a screen offering one month of Gold for free.

Choose it. Confirm payment. You're now Gold. Don't forget to disable automatic renewal.

By the way, save the link and you can wait for your free month of Gold to run out and renew it again. This effectively makes XBox Live Gold completely free.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#3Enix BelmontPosted 6/13/2013 9:51:25 AM
Its great to have two accounts with live thanks to this.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#4Vertanius(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 10:08:10 AM
The promotion is not currently available, please check back later.

I'm not from the US though.
---
#5Vertanius(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 7:30:04 AM
So there is no way to get my free month just because I waited awhile before activating it?
---
#6jetpak12Posted 6/14/2013 12:05:28 PM
I just signed up for gold for the first time today to get the free games, and I found an ad on my dashboard for $1 for the first month. Its not free, but its pretty close.
#7Phoenon4Posted 6/14/2013 7:32:23 PM
TheRob posted...
Here you go:

One Month for FREE! (Silvers Only)
**Might be US Only**

Requirements
Silver membership
Valid payment method attached to your account

Go here: http://click.engage.xbox.com/?qs=94f...e5d0ff3b4d2543

It'll ask you to sign into an Xbox LIVE account. Go ahead and do so. You'll be
brought to a screen offering one month of Gold for free.

Choose it. Confirm payment. You're now Gold. Don't forget to disable automatic renewal.

By the way, save the link and you can wait for your free month of Gold to run out and renew it again. This effectively makes XBox Live Gold completely free.

"Sorry, we couldn't get authorization for this. Use a different or new way to pay, or check that your billing address is correct. If you have more questions, your financial institution is the one to ask. Status code: 0x80190821."

Well butts.

Granted, this is my second time trying to use it, but I did hear before it works multiple times, unless that was fixed.
---
GT/PSN: PhoenonX
I'm easily the best Dive Kick masher in America get at me.
#8DxZ99Posted 6/14/2013 7:48:27 PM
Used it for the 3rd time last week. Assuming its been taken down now?
Sadness.
#9lastrockerPosted 6/14/2013 11:37:10 PM
i thought that every new account gets a free month of xbox live, up to 3 profiles per console. did they get rid of this?
#10Vertanius(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 2:33:04 AM
lastrocker posted...
i thought that every new account gets a free month of xbox live, up to 3 profiles per console. did they get rid of this?

I thought so too, I had my 30 free days as an "ad", as soon as E3 started the 'ad" got replaced with something else.
---