This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you kidding me, M$ permanently removed all DLC to Project Gotham Racing 4

#1NeoGeoXSegaPosted 6/13/2013 6:06:37 PM
The PGR4 board is dead, so I'm asking if anyone knows here.

Went back to play PGR4 after realizing PRG4 still holds up favorably to even the next gen racers shown at e3.
I wanted to buy the extra DLC to get more replay out of the game & to my surprise, EVREYTHING related to PGR4 has been delisted. No demos, no themes, no DLC, nothing.

I searched online & found M$ gave this b.s. PR message on why they took it off:
"At this time we have no plans to relist this content on Xbox LIVE Marketplace but our goal remains to give our community new games, new entertainment, new experiences and new ways to connect with friends on Xbox LIVE."

Is there no way for me to ever play the DLC cars or the DLC races or is it gone forever?
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#2kingbahamut83Posted 6/13/2013 6:13:48 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...

Is there no way for me to ever play the DLC cars or the DLC races or is it gone forever?

asking the same question twice here. Anyway, I imagine its like the marvel ultimate alliance dlc. There was a reason it was taken off, it may come back for a short time, and be taken off again for good.

Perhaps there was some legal reason it was all removed. Perhaps they decided there weren't enough players or people downloading this dlc.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
#3rusty12000Posted 6/13/2013 6:40:10 PM
Welcome to the future
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#4lostnumberwarPosted 6/13/2013 6:51:57 PM
The developer Bizarre Creations went out of business.
---
http://tinyurl.com/munz2mb
#5TheBlueStigPosted 6/13/2013 6:56:01 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...

Went back to play PGR4 after realizing PRG4 still holds up favorably to even the next gen racers shown at e3.
I wanted to buy the extra DLC to get more replay out of the game & to my surprise, EVREYTHING related to PGR4 has been delisted. No demos, no themes, no DLC, nothing.

"At this time we have no plans to relist this content on Xbox LIVE Marketplace but our goal remains to give our community new games, new entertainment, new experiences and new ways to connect with friends on Xbox LIVE."

Same thing happened to PGR3 and it's DLC, and tons of other games as well.

This is the problem with digital distribution, everything is temporary, and M$ is pushing towards making even more things temporary with the X-Bone, including their little "group Achievements" plan that's time-limited so everyone that buys the game late is screwed.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6lostnumberwarPosted 6/13/2013 6:57:06 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...

This is the problem with digital distribution, everything is temporary, and M$ is pushing towards making even more things temporary with the X-Bone, including their little "group Achievements" plan that's time-limited so everyone that buys the game late is screwed.

lostnumberwar posted...

---
http://tinyurl.com/munz2mb
#7TheBlueStigPosted 6/13/2013 7:05:44 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...

lostnumberwar posted...

Contracts are signed for set amounts of time, they keep going until they expire.

If all of B.C.'s content was taken down before the contracted expiration dates, that's a violation of those contracts.

Digital Distribution contracts EXPIRE, hence the temporary nature of all things digital.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8SunDevil77Posted 6/13/2013 7:08:27 PM
Do you really think Microsoft would purposely remove a chance to make a sale?

Welcome to the real world, where licensing is a b****
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#9NeoGeoXSega(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:49:47 PM
lostnumberwar posted...

No, Microsoft OWNS the franchise, the name, the game & the license.
It shouldn't have to matter that Bizarre Creations closed down or left. PGR 4 is a microsoft owned game.

There is no legal reason why they did that. It's as if they didn't want to be associated with the PGR name now that they are focusing on Forza & are trying to make it disappear.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#10MoonBoundPosted 6/13/2013 8:07:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]