This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you kidding me, M$ permanently removed all DLC to Project Gotham Racing 4

#11Robin_MaskPosted 6/13/2013 8:28:26 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...
The PGR4 board is dead, so I'm asking if anyone knows here.

Went back to play PGR4 after realizing PRG4 still holds up favorably to even the next gen racers shown at e3.
I wanted to buy the extra DLC to get more replay out of the game & to my surprise, EVREYTHING related to PGR4 has been delisted. No demos, no themes, no DLC, nothing.

I searched online & found M$ gave this b.s. PR message on why they took it off:
"At this time we have no plans to relist this content on Xbox LIVE Marketplace but our goal remains to give our community new games, new entertainment, new experiences and new ways to connect with friends on Xbox LIVE."

Is there no way for me to ever play the DLC cars or the DLC races or is it gone forever?

Same thing happened to PGR3 and it's DLC, and tons of other games as well.

This is the problem with digital distribution, everything is temporary, and M$ is pushing towards making even more things temporary with the X-Bone, including their little "group Achievements" plan that's time-limited so everyone that buys the game late is screwed.

What the hell is this "group Achievements" thing?
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#12TheBlueStigPosted 6/13/2013 8:34:08 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...
The PGR4 board is dead, so I'm asking if anyone knows here.

Went back to play PGR4 after realizing PRG4 still holds up favorably to even the next gen racers shown at e3.
I wanted to buy the extra DLC to get more replay out of the game & to my surprise, EVREYTHING related to PGR4 has been delisted. No demos, no themes, no DLC, nothing.

I searched online & found M$ gave this b.s. PR message on why they took it off:
"At this time we have no plans to relist this content on Xbox LIVE Marketplace but our goal remains to give our community new games, new entertainment, new experiences and new ways to connect with friends on Xbox LIVE."

Is there no way for me to ever play the DLC cars or the DLC races or is it gone forever?

Same thing happened to PGR3 and it's DLC, and tons of other games as well.

This is the problem with digital distribution, everything is temporary, and M$ is pushing towards making even more things temporary with the X-Bone, including their little "group Achievements" plan that's time-limited so everyone that buys the game late is screwed.

What the hell is this "group Achievements" thing?

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/xbox-one-to-include-time-bound-challenges-6410287/

They're called "challenges", they're time-limited, group based, and can span multiple games. So if anyone buys a game too far after it's release date, they're screwed.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#13WinternovaPosted 6/13/2013 8:50:51 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
If all of B.C.'s content was taken down before the contracted expiration dates, that's a violation of those contracts.

In bankruptcy, the trustee can either affirm and accept an executory contract or terminate and surrender it.
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#14TheBlueStigPosted 6/13/2013 10:00:03 PM
At least they didn't pull an EA and delete the demo from the download History, it's still there at least.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#15Super CreaturesPosted 6/13/2013 10:19:21 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
The developer Bizarre Creations went out of business.

Point being?

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved is still available on the marketplace, is it not?

Guess who developed that.

Go ahead, I'll give you 3 guessess, but, you should only need 1.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#16lostnumberwarPosted 6/13/2013 11:03:21 PM
Super Creatures posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
The developer Bizarre Creations went out of business.

Point being?

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved is still available on the marketplace, is it not?

Guess who developed that.

Go ahead, I'll give you 3 guessess, but, you should only need 1.

That game was not burdened with multiple contracts for licensed vehicles designed by several competing vehicle manufacturers.
---
http://tinyurl.com/munz2mb
#17AJ2412Posted 6/13/2013 11:07:31 PM
They're called "challenges", they're time-limited, group based, and can span multiple games. So if anyone buys a game too far after it's release date, they're screwed.

Screwed out of an achievement that doesn't even count towards your score. Big freaking deal.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#18PonnchoHeadPosted 6/13/2013 11:14:57 PM
AJ2412 posted...

Screwed out of an achievement that doesn't even count towards your score. Big freaking deal.

Even if they did count towards your score, who cares? If you want the damn gamerscore that badly get another game
#19AJ2412Posted 6/13/2013 11:43:42 PM
Even if they did count towards your score, who cares? If you want the damn gamerscore that badly get another game

That is also true.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#20JukainPosted 6/14/2013 3:35:21 AM
It'll bother people like me who don't care about the score but do care about the completion%.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900