This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Heads up, Important notice to 360 users. Just noticed something on my 360 HDD

#1tomcatobitricePosted 6/13/2013 7:07:33 PM(edited)
*Gamefaqs removed my last topic about this and called it trolling*

I found a file under "system items" under my Hard drive tab, that seems to be a monitoring file.

I made sure my privacy setting does not allow Microsoft to track certain things and send it to 3rd party Devs, and yet this file somehow appeared during E3 week.

I removed it right away.

Just a heads up for fellow 360 owners.

---
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.
#2SunDevil77Posted 6/13/2013 7:09:31 PM
It is trolling, because it's not there.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3PorcupinePosted 6/13/2013 7:10:31 PM
Gamefaqs is s*** that's why. They allow all sorts of lies and misinformation, and spread their own lies, but they can't accept things that other people say that they disagree with, or think might be lies.
#4IIICE_COLDPosted 6/13/2013 7:11:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5PorcupinePosted 6/13/2013 7:12:17 PM
Maybe the file only appeared for him. How could anyone else know?

Aside from that, there's tons of other lies and misinformation on these boards that the moderators do nothing about. Because they'll leave up any lies and misinformation that they like, and try to take down any statements that they do not like, even statements that are true.

On the announcement day, I made a thread called "Xbox One is black" and they deleted it.
#6tomcatobitrice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:13:57 PM
Porcupine posted...
Maybe the file only appeared for him. How could anyone else know?

Aside from that, there's tons of other lies and misinformation on these boards that the moderators do nothing about. Because they'll leave up any lies and misinformation that they like, and try to take down any statements that they do not like, even statements that are true.

On the announcement day, I made a thread called "Xbox One is black" and they deleted it.

well said
---
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.
#7tomcatobitrice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:22:52 PM
I think it might have piggybacked on the Fable 3 "Free download"
---
#8JGA1980Posted 6/13/2013 7:28:48 PM
Why would they make a covert surveillance file look like a covert surveillance file and have it show up on your HDD?

If there really was a monitoring file, surely it would be hidden and not be easily identifiable, so you wouldn't know it was there and couldn't delete it.
#9WinternovaPosted 6/13/2013 7:32:00 PM
It's sad when people have to take advantage of others' paranoia in order to incite others to respond inappropriately on these boards.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#10tomcatobitrice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 7:34:09 PM
Winternova posted...
It's sad when people have to take advantage of others' paranoia in order to incite others to respond inappropriately on these boards.

What's sad is your response. Say hi to my ignore list, she welcomes you.
---