This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Heads up, Important notice to 360 users. Just noticed something on my 360 HDD

#21tomcatobitrice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 9:32:17 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
tomcatobitrice posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
What was this file named?

I dont remember, but its very easy to tell which one it is. It was over 100 mb

Next time you want to inform people of something you think is important then at least try to provide actual information. Otherwise it's completely pointless and just makes you look like a liar or fool.

How many 100+mb files do u have in your system item area. you should have NONE!!

Welcome to my "ignore list pal". lol
---
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.
#22lostnumberwarPosted 6/13/2013 9:40:19 PM
tomcatobitrice posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
tomcatobitrice posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
What was this file named?

I dont remember, but its very easy to tell which one it is. It was over 100 mb

Next time you want to inform people of something you think is important then at least try to provide actual information. Otherwise it's completely pointless and just makes you look like a liar or fool.

How many 100+mb files do u have in your system item area. you should have NONE!!

Welcome to my "ignore list pal". lol

I do have none.
I guess trying to ask a question he can't answer and trying to offer a little helpful advice for the future is considered trolling to this guy. Well I guess being ignored by someone like him won't be so bad.
---
http://tinyurl.com/munz2mb
#23beautifuldreamsPosted 6/13/2013 9:44:02 PM(edited)
this has actually happened to me on multiple occasions over the last year or two, even though i have all the setting saying no to it (yes, i've rechecked after it happened each time, and my settings still say no).

i have both a kinect and a visioncam, maybe it has something to do with unplugging/replugging

i think the file is labeled something like 'data collection'

it seemingly randomly comes back months later after i delete it
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#24tomcatobitrice(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 9:44:15 PM
beautifuldreams posted...
this has actually happened to me on multiple occasions over the last year or two, even though i have all the setting saying no to it (yes, i've rechecked after it happened each time, and my settings still say no).

i have both a kinect and a visioncam, maybe it has something to do with unplugging/replugging

It was something like that, or "improvementX monitoring"
---
MY CP(\__/)U is neural net processor, a learning computer.Cyberdyne systems Model 101....... A WAR machine Terminator looking(='.'=) for Sarah and John Connor.
#25beautifuldreamsPosted 6/13/2013 9:45:53 PM
yeah, to me it seemed like it just wasn't respecting the setting not to monitor/collect info, the file wasn't beating around the bush to what it was
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#26lostnumberwarPosted 6/13/2013 9:47:42 PM
beautifuldreams posted...

Oh well that's different then.
Maybe the Kinect is pre-programmed to install that file on first boot up regardless of whether or not it is going to be used. If someone is so worried about having a company watch them they shouldn't be connecting a camera to their online devices. I don't have a Kinect nor shall I get one. There is nothing at all I would ever want to play for it.
---
http://tinyurl.com/munz2mb
#27TheBlueStigPosted 6/13/2013 9:56:17 PM(edited)
Microsoft Improvement Program Data, it can also show up as XBox Improvement Program Data.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110618232455AAal5Kl

---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#28WinternovaPosted 6/13/2013 9:58:51 PM
Xbox Improvement Program Data. Yeah, that looks REALLY suspicious. </sarcasm>

It gets updated every time you go back to the dashboard. It's not insidious. I think if you want to get rid of it, just delete it and then go into Privacy, Custom Privacy & Online Settings, and change voice data collection and voice search data to blocked...

Nothing to see here people.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)