This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox live deals?

#1Solidshooter24Posted 6/14/2013 12:32:34 PM
So i need to train for EVO and need to play online with street fighter. I just need a month worth or maybe 3 months. Any sells going on? Maybe a year?
---
XBL: Solidshooter24
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/HungLowGaming
#2gabriusPosted 6/14/2013 12:33:51 PM
You're going to train for EVO by playing a bunch of online matches with input lag...?

Have fun getting knocked out in the first round.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#3Solidshooter24(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 12:36:00 PM(edited)
gabrius posted...
You're going to train for EVO by playing a bunch of online matches with input lag...?

Oh no, but I live in a small city with no one that plays. I need to see some match ups ya know? I've played with some people but I need to learn other match ups as well. I'm not practicing my combos online, I'm just looking for bad match ups and how to get around them.
---
#4gabriusPosted 6/14/2013 12:36:43 PM
Solidshooter24 posted...
gabrius posted...

Oh no, but I live in a small city with no one that plays. I need to see some match ups ya know?

You're better off practicing your skills offline vs the CPU.

Trust me - adjusting to the (admittedly very minor) input lag will actually make you worse @ local vs... it really messes with your muscle memory.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#5Solidshooter24(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 12:38:23 PM
gabrius posted...
Solidshooter24 posted...
gabrius posted...

Oh no, but I live in a small city with no one that plays. I need to see some match ups ya know?

You're better off practicing your skills offline vs the CPU.

Trust me - adjusting to the (admittedly very minor) input lag will actually make you worse @ local vs... it really messes with your muscle memory.

Ahh thanks. I've been playing for about a year but I need to get serious about the match ups. I want to be able to adjust to blankas and those annoying characters. Thank you for your advice!
---
#6gabriusPosted 6/14/2013 12:39:51 PM
shoryuken.com

Go and sign up now. Trust me.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#7seankimberley42Posted 6/14/2013 1:03:11 PM
You really need human opponents to train against. The A.I. does not play like a real opponent at all, as certain moves that work well against it are horrible against a human and vice versa. It's only real use is to practice your strings and timing. Online isn't really useful as it has lag, which greatly affects gameplay that rellies on split second timing. Honestly, your best bet is head to the biggest city around you and play against real players. I STILL remember hitting the arcades back when I thought I was the best at Tekken 3 and getting my ass handed to me by the top tier players, but by the time Tekken Tag came out my time and experiences playing against them made me top fifty in the world.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#8Solidshooter24(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 1:10:47 PM
seankimberley42 posted...
You really need human opponents to train against. The A.I. does not play like a real opponent at all, as certain moves that work well against it are horrible against a human and vice versa. It's only real use is to practice your strings and timing. Online isn't really useful as it has lag, which greatly affects gameplay that rellies on split second timing. Honestly, your best bet is head to the biggest city around you and play against real players. I STILL remember hitting the arcades back when I thought I was the best at Tekken 3 and getting my ass handed to me by the top tier players, but by the time Tekken Tag came out my time and experiences playing against them made me top fifty in the world.

The closest city to me in denver. I'm going to need to drive out there and get that Human experience huh?
---
#9gabriusPosted 6/14/2013 1:14:13 PM
If you want to win.... yes.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#10Super CreaturesPosted 6/14/2013 3:27:55 PM
Solidshooter24 posted...
The closest city to me in denver. I'm going to need to drive out there and get that Human experience huh?

You make it sound like that is a long drive.

Where the **** do you live, Rifle?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.