This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never played a final fantasy game

#31GGearXPosted 6/15/2013 3:17:36 PM
TGAkuma posted...
GGearX posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
GGearX posted...
Turn based RPGs are crap.
It's a flaw of gameplay.

Dude...no.

It was a tech limit 10 years ago. Now look at

Kingdom Hearts
Tales of games
The new FFXIII lighting returns game
And FFXV

Turn based is a thing of the past.
It's time for all RPGs to make a change for the better.
There are no tech limits. Now they can make the battle system they choose.

Sad that you cant understand that people actually do still like that gameplay. I like Tales and KH but I like old FF games as well. Youre the reason the only type of games we get are shooters and action crap these days. If you dont like them then fine but stop pushing them being "outdated" as fact.

Yeah, because I totally own all of the shooters and action crap these days *rolls eyes 3 times *

I understand these are people who like that old crap, like old cars, old baseball gloves, old computers etc.
But that doesn't mean the majority wants that outdated crap. It's just nastolgia for you guys, and based on your response and trying to take a cheap shot at me by grouping me with the shooter lovers, I now I can't argue with someone who is stuck in the past.
"the good old days " huh?

Not really when you look at it with a fresh perspective.
Seems like you won't be able to though. You're blinded by nastolgia. I'm through with you.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#32IIICE_COLDPosted 6/15/2013 3:38:07 PM
GGearX posted...
IIICE_COLD posted...
"It was a tech limit 10 years ago."

I had a hunch that you weren't just a troll, and that you were actually referencing some sort of historical technical limitation of older turn based RPG's --- and I certainly don't have a technical history of them, I still disagree that the turn based method is a 'thing of the past' or (even if there were technical limitations that created it) some sort of gameplay flaw...

Keep in mind I'm not talking about Ff tactics or disegea type or Xcom turn based.

II'm talking about the old style

4- character on screen
Select magic or attack
And wait for the next turn.
Like the old FF games .

You're talking about the old school styled turn based, RPG's, yes... I already knew what you were talking about and I still disagree that they're a flaw or a thing of the past... I loved the ones where you could just put the controller on the ground in the middle of a fight without having to hit the pause button, and without any consequences...
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)
#33TGAkumaPosted 6/15/2013 3:41:07 PM
GGearX posted...
TGAkuma posted...
GGearX posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
GGearX posted...
Turn based RPGs are crap.
It's a flaw of gameplay.

Dude...no.

Kingdom Hearts
Tales of games
The new FFXIII lighting returns game
And FFXV

Turn based is a thing of the past.
It's time for all RPGs to make a change for the better.
There are no tech limits. Now they can make the battle system they choose.

Sad that you cant understand that people actually do still like that gameplay. I like Tales and KH but I like old FF games as well. Youre the reason the only type of games we get are shooters and action crap these days. If you dont like them then fine but stop pushing them being "outdated" as fact.

Yeah, because I totally own all of the shooters and action crap these days *rolls eyes 3 times *

I understand these are people who like that old crap, like old cars, old baseball gloves, old computers etc.
But that doesn't mean the majority wants that outdated crap. It's just nastolgia for you guys, and based on your response and trying to take a cheap shot at me by grouping me with the shooter lovers, I now I can't argue with someone who is stuck in the past.
"the good old days " huh?

Not really when you look at it with a fresh perspective.
Seems like you won't be able to though. You're blinded by nastolgia. I'm through with you.

Didnt say you were a shooter fan. But saying they shouldnt make other types of games like Turn based RPGs gives developers the green light just to make shooters and action games. And no its not nostalgia. My friend who mostly played shooters like Halo and mostly online multiplayer recently started getting into older RPGs like FFVII and hes loving them more than current gen games. He didnt even play the game when he was a kid. He even started buying the older systems. How is that nostalgia for some people? Stop assuming the only reason people like them is cause of nostalgia. Makes you look ignorant.
#34Super CreaturesPosted 6/15/2013 4:09:39 PM
So, at the same time games like Tales of Phantasia (hey, look, a real-time battle system, and the first game in the Tales series, not to mention the root of the Star Ocean series as well) were being made 20 years ago, it was a "tech limit" that caused the multitude of turn-based RPGs from the SNES/PS1 era all the way through to the PS2/GCN/Xbox era?

How was it a "tech limit," when there were plenty of real-time RPGs getting released at the same time as those turn-based RPGs that were so popular?

If it was a "tech limit," how did so many real-time RPGs manage to get made during the time that the tech supposedly limited RPGs to turn-based battle systems?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#35DarkSymbiotePosted 6/15/2013 6:32:27 PM
When I said there isn't a good FF game on the 360, I didn't mean the entire series is bad. Play the older games either through emulators or actual consoles.
---
My Remember Me Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/640642-remember-me/reviews/review-154539
#36GuiberPosted 6/15/2013 6:51:44 PM
GGearX posted...

[...]
Tales of games
I'd like to know how Tales of phantasia bypassed these "10 yo limitations" almost 20 years ago. :')
#37kingwutuguPosted 6/16/2013 12:01:34 AM
Tactics is the only one worth playing.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#38Super CreaturesPosted 6/16/2013 12:28:31 AM
Guiber posted...
I'd like to know how Tales of phantasia bypassed these "10 yo limitations" almost 20 years ago. :')

I'd love to know as well, hence my post asking.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.