This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any real benefit for getting the Xbox 360 E over the Slim?

#1levyjl1988Posted 6/15/2013 8:23:55 AM
I heard the E only has less USB ports than the Slim. Besides the design factor what else ?
---
From Xbox 360 to PS4. Hello Sony. Goodbye Microsoft.
#2DieMyBridePosted 6/15/2013 8:29:29 AM
As of now the New Slim doesn't have any bundles with games. Better off with the Old Slim.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#3Marxus DrakkanPosted 6/15/2013 9:33:27 AM
I heard its slightly smaller and slightly quieter but one of the tech sites did a tear down and found it has the same fan, same heat sink, less ports. So it seems like mostly it just looks a little different?
#4Lum_YatsuraPosted 6/15/2013 9:42:17 AM
The big change is only HDMI and composite.
It won't use s-video, component, VGA, optical audio, or euro SCART.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#5Super CreaturesPosted 6/15/2013 10:10:34 AM
I'm surprised they even included a composite option, considering the Xbox One apparently will only have HDMI.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#6LerdothoughtPosted 6/15/2013 10:16:50 AM
Super Creatures posted...
I'm surprised they even included a composite option, considering the Xbox One apparently will only have HDMI.

really? Xbox one will not work on a standard TV? i mean those with just composite and component input...
#7Super CreaturesPosted 6/15/2013 10:28:37 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer
Xbox One Requirements:

Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#8enigmatic alexPosted 6/18/2013 10:02:22 PM
nope. The newer Slim is uglier than the previous Slim, and has features removed. It's a downgrade just like the PS3 Super-Slim (foreman grill) was a downgrade from the Slim.
---
I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it! I'm coming for all of you! -Laura Roslin
#9TheMuffinPosted 6/18/2013 10:29:57 PM
enigmatic alex posted...
nope. The newer Slim is uglier than the previous Slim, and has features removed. It's a downgrade just like the PS3 Super-Slim (foreman grill) was a downgrade from the Slim.

As an owner of the Super Slim, how is it a downgrade? Seriously, I don't know.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#10TheBlueStigPosted 6/18/2013 11:15:42 PM
They removed the Digital Optical Audio port, which instantly kills the ability to run any number of headsets or surround sound systems on the market that rely on a toslink cable to work.

That alone is reason enough not to buy it.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin