This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any real benefit for getting the Xbox 360 E over the Slim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is there any real benefit for getting the Xbox 360 E over the Slim?

User Info: levyjl1988

levyjl1988
3 years ago#1
I heard the E only has less USB ports than the Slim. Besides the design factor what else ?
From Xbox 360 to PS4. Hello Sony. Goodbye Microsoft.

User Info: DieMyBride

DieMyBride
3 years ago#2
As of now the New Slim doesn't have any bundles with games. Better off with the Old Slim.
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife

User Info: Marxus Drakkan

Marxus Drakkan
3 years ago#3
I heard its slightly smaller and slightly quieter but one of the tech sites did a tear down and found it has the same fan, same heat sink, less ports. So it seems like mostly it just looks a little different?

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
3 years ago#4
The big change is only HDMI and composite.
It won't use s-video, component, VGA, optical audio, or euro SCART.
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
3 years ago#5
I'm surprised they even included a composite option, considering the Xbox One apparently will only have HDMI.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: Lerdothought

Lerdothought
3 years ago#6
Super Creatures posted...
I'm surprised they even included a composite option, considering the Xbox One apparently will only have HDMI.

really? Xbox one will not work on a standard TV? i mean those with just composite and component input...

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
3 years ago#7
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer
Xbox One Requirements:

Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: enigmatic alex

enigmatic alex
3 years ago#8
nope. The newer Slim is uglier than the previous Slim, and has features removed. It's a downgrade just like the PS3 Super-Slim (foreman grill) was a downgrade from the Slim.
I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it! I'm coming for all of you! -Laura Roslin

User Info: TheMuffin

TheMuffin
3 years ago#9
enigmatic alex posted...
nope. The newer Slim is uglier than the previous Slim, and has features removed. It's a downgrade just like the PS3 Super-Slim (foreman grill) was a downgrade from the Slim.

As an owner of the Super Slim, how is it a downgrade? Seriously, I don't know.
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.

User Info: TheBlueStig

TheBlueStig
3 years ago#10
They removed the Digital Optical Audio port, which instantly kills the ability to run any number of headsets or surround sound systems on the market that rely on a toslink cable to work.

That alone is reason enough not to buy it.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is there any real benefit for getting the Xbox 360 E over the Slim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived