This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just picked up the 360 E console

#1zillazeroPosted 6/15/2013 1:58:33 PM
And it's cool. I dig it. Very quiet but then again I am coming from the original model! lol...

Feels good to finally have a new model. My original console was about to go belly up again. Would have been the third time so it was time. I knew when MS announced the "E" console that i'd pick it up asap since my old one was dying. Glad I waited now.

Just transferred everything and am about to buy State of Decay!
---
"XBOX - Turn on PS4"
#2TheBlueStigPosted 6/15/2013 2:21:15 PM
Post dimensions of system and power brick please.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3josh924Posted 6/15/2013 2:37:01 PM
Are the eject and power buttons touch sensitive or do you have to push them like on older 360 models?
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#4Lucha_VillaPosted 6/15/2013 3:05:01 PM
josh924 posted...
Are the eject and power buttons touch sensitive or do you have to push them like on older 360 models?

This is important. I don't see myself getting one at all. I have the Reach slim model.
#5zillazero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 3:11:03 PM
it's roughly 10" deep x 10.25 wide x 3" tall. Just under 3" tall.

The brick ( i was surprised there was a brick. Kinda bummed actually lol) is 6.75" x 2.75" x 2"
smaller than the original one and MUCH lighter.

No touch sensitive buttons. Gotta push them like the old one(s).

I like it. It is VERY quiet.
---
"XBOX - Turn on PS4"
#6Lucha_VillaPosted 6/15/2013 3:13:05 PM
zillazero posted...
it's roughly 10" deep x 10.25 wide x 3" tall. Just under 3" tall.

The brick ( i was surprised there was a brick. Kinda bummed actually lol) is 6.75" x 2.75" x 2"
smaller than the original one and MUCH lighter.

No touch sensitive buttons. Gotta push them like the old one(s).

I like it. It is VERY quiet.

I'd want a different color scheme. An all-black entertainment system isn't what I want. Preferably white.

What's the wattage?
#7C810Posted 6/15/2013 5:54:14 PM
Lucha_Villa posted...
josh924 posted...

This is important. I don't see myself getting one at all. I have the Reach slim model.

Reach model brothers! Whoop! Best 360 design ever, in my opinion. Vastly better than the Halo 4 variant.

Back on topic, thanks for posting this info TC. I've been debating about whether or not to save up quick for another Slim S or take my time and buy an E. Looks like I'll really pinch pennies to get the S based on this and other info I've gotten from this board. I'll probably still get the E at some point though since the S models will eventually run out and to have every iteration. It'll be a neat display in my future game room since I still have my original (dead) 360
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs