This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So where are your friends going next generation?

#1levyjl1988Posted 6/16/2013 2:56:50 PM
A lot of gamers generally pick a console to play justified by their benefits.
Many gamers flocked to 360 because their friends were on it. The controller was ergonomicly awesome, the Halo franchise, day 1 DLC exclusives, etc.

Now that next generation is upon us which direction will you go? Some people buy all next gen games to cover their bases, but in that one console is usually favoured more than the other.

The gaming landscape has changed significantly in terms of DRM, trading of used games, etc.

So where are all your Xbox 360 friends going to migrate to... PS4 or Xbox One?
---
From Xbox 360 to PS4. Hello Sony. Goodbye Microsoft.
#2Oldskool_RulezPosted 6/16/2013 3:19:00 PM
Most people I personally know are going with the PS4, although I do have one buddy who's going to buy both the Xbox One and PS4. As for me, I'm not going to get any of the new systems until I catch up on the other systems I missed out on.

Everyone is thinking about PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U, while I'm thinking about the Sega Saturn, PSP, and Wii. The list goes on and on.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
In my opinion, Sony won E3 2013- http://i.minus.com/iblaK0BibV6cn.gif
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 6/16/2013 3:41:20 PM
I think most of my friends are phasing out of gaming-- well, they say that now, but wait until new titles come out, so I have no idea where they're going.

As for myself, it's still up in the air. I'm not an early adopter so I'm probably a year or two out from moving on, but it's going to be all about games-- exclusives, sure, but if one console is getting more love from a dev (like the 360 did from Bethesda this gen), that will influence my decision as well.

Who knows? Might get both. If I had to choose right now I'd probably go to the PS4 just because I'm wary of kinect functionality becoming necessary in more games.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4SunDevil77Posted 6/16/2013 4:19:43 PM
My friends who have as much passion for gaming as I do have pretty much flocked the way of PC, a handheld, and Wii U. All of my other friends (who still game a lot, but don't embrace as much genre diversity) and I preordered our Xbox Ones at GameStop. We're gonna all camp for the midnight launch, just like we did years ago for the 360.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5Killah PriestPosted 6/16/2013 4:20:44 PM
PC
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6Liquid_Wolf_mgsPosted 6/16/2013 4:26:16 PM
PC
---
"There was a hole here it's gone now "
#7LandonioPosted 6/16/2013 5:31:01 PM
PS4
---
ROLL TIDE
#8HIroChuPosted 6/16/2013 5:57:58 PM
All of my friends are microsoft fanboys... so they're getting the xbox one.

As for me, I'll stay with my wii, ps3, and 360 for a while, and will later get the wii u and ps4. I loved the 360, but I'm not even going to consider getting the xbox one lol.
#9GGearXPosted 6/16/2013 6:05:57 PM
Told all of my friends about the Drm and always online used games crap.

All of them, PS4.

I post about that stuff on YouTube as well.
Just want to spread the news not to buy a console that limits you.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 6/16/2013 6:07:44 PM
GGearX posted...
Told all of my friends about the Drm and always online used games crap.

All of them, PS4.

I post about that stuff on YouTube as well.
Just want to spread the news not to buy a console that limits you.

You do realize you're not influencing anyone other than your friends, right? People paying enough attention to be watching of YT have likely already drawn up their battle lines.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF