This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 S vs. Xbox 360 E. Microsoft hates its customers.

#1levyjl1988Posted 6/16/2013 5:02:14 PM
http://youtu.be/4uDFjBzVvbw?t=2m16s

Check out the back of the ports of the Xbox 360 E. So many missing ports.
The new console feels like a damn regression than an upgrade.
This alone won't incite others to buy a new Xbox 360, not enough for the new redesign anyway.

And still a 4GB model and a 250 GB. You think it would wise up and be an upgrade with a 320GB or even a 500GB. Hell Sony has a 500GB PS3 Bundle. Microsoft isn't even trying to be competitive anymore.

One disappointment after another Microsoft. Do you really want to alienate your fans?
---
From Xbox 360 to PS4. Hello Sony. Goodbye Microsoft.
#2C810Posted 6/16/2013 5:11:33 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
http://youtu.be/4uDFjBzVvbw?t=2m16s

The new console feels like a damn regression than an upgrade.
This alone won't incite others to buy a new Xbox 360, not enough for the new redesign anyway.

And still a 4GB model and a 250 GB. You think it would wise up and be an upgrade with a 320GB or even a 500GB. Hell Sony has a 500GB PS3 Bundle. Microsoft isn't even trying to be competitive anymore.

One disappointment after another Microsoft. Do you really want to alienate your fans?

It definitely seems that way to me. I would be fine with the existence of the 360 E if it didn't mean that the S was going out of production. If the E was offered as a cheaper alternative to the S, I'd be alright with that. I'd be a little pissed, but I could deal. The S would be the all around model for moving around a lot with the E being more for people who plug their console in and never move it. But removing component and a bunch of other ports while retaining the same pricing, that's just crap.
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 6/16/2013 5:12:35 PM
Has all the ports I'd use. And other than gabrius, who needs 500 gigs? Actually, he needs like a terrabyte or something.

Current hardware is serving me just fine, that would too.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4corex3dPosted 6/16/2013 5:13:12 PM
don't pretend sony don't remove stuff from there newer models
#5C810Posted 6/16/2013 7:35:01 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Has all the ports I'd use. And other than gabrius, who needs 500 gigs? Actually, he needs like a terrabyte or something.

Current hardware is serving me just fine, that would too.

I just find it annoying because on break my wife and I go to her parents' house, and they have an older HD TV that only has component ports. With the 360 E, I would be stuck with composite. The S just provides the versatility to get the best display possible whereas the E forces you to be on the extremes
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#6656stoogePosted 6/16/2013 7:42:02 PM
I'd like more than 500 gig. My 250 HDD only holds a fraction of my collection.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#7DieMyBridePosted 6/16/2013 7:45:06 PM
I just hope they make a bundle with games soon. Without any games the value sucks.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#8C810Posted 6/16/2013 7:54:45 PM
656stooge posted...
I'd like more than 500 gig. My 250 HDD only holds a fraction of my collection.

That'd be nice. I'd like to hold the future free Games on Demand on it so I don't have to worry about losing access to them in the future
---
#9Super CreaturesPosted 6/16/2013 8:42:40 PM
levyjl1988 posted...

What, 2?

The optical audio port and one USB port.

It still has an AV port, just not the same one that has been used since launch, and an HDMI port, the Kinect specific port, and 2 rear USB ports, which is still 1 more than the original model had.

Yes, it is somewhat stupid for them to have removed component/VGA support, however, be ****ing glad that they give composite support at all, the Xbox One will require HDMI, it will not have any other video output.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#10richdmoorePosted 6/16/2013 9:16:28 PM
I am glad I found this post. I was considering the xbox E, but I need the optical for an earforce DSS & headset, and I also use component cables, my HDMI ports are already full (and I don't want to mess with a switch box.)

I thought at worse I could simply use my old style (fat) cables (optical jack is actually in the component cables.) It looks like the jack on the back was redesigned so you can't use the old cables.

Now, do I buy a slim now, or just wait for the fat to break and see what is on the used market.....