This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is you current GOTY something you feel others wouldn't choose?

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 6/17/2013 7:08:39 AM
If so - what is it?
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#2Arucard05Posted 6/17/2013 7:15:33 AM
No. I can't imagine many people who've played The Last of Us could possibly say anything is better.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.
#3Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:24:08 AM
Arucard05 posted...
No. I can't imagine many people who've played The Last of Us could possibly say anything is better.

yea....................wow. I just don't want it to end.

Thank god your off your Bioshock Infinite kick, jk
---
#4656stoogePosted 6/17/2013 7:32:54 AM(edited)
I know I've played a game from this year, but I can't remember what it was. My backlog is so vast that I've been experiencing some of the best games ever made, so I don't really need to play GoTY 2013 at the moment.

plus, I rarely agree with other people's opinions on GoTYs anyway. Uncharted 2 was probably the last AAA game I loved, and I guess a lot of people voted Dark Souls as they're favourite, which I can agree on.

EDIT: It was Metal Gear Rising that I played. It's unfortunately one of those games that was average but still pretty fun all the way up to the end, but the last half hour sucked so bad that it's all I can think about when looking back at it.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 6/17/2013 7:31:47 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
If so - what is it?

WTF is your obsession with GoTY awards?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6alexismynamexxPosted 6/17/2013 7:37:07 AM
If any current gen game gets goty, it will be a tragedy, as 'good' as games like last of us and bioshock infinite are, they cant escape that they are just doing the same thing most games have done to death this generation. Putting out rehashed, linear gameplay with smoke and mirrors graphics propped up by a decent story and fluid cutscenes..

Its the reason these games will not be talked about in the coming months, only when next gen consoles release and new titles with a rejuvenated sense of exploration will there be any truely innovative, goty contenders...
#7Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:45:00 AM
alexismynamexx posted...
If any current gen game gets goty, it will be a tragedy, as 'good' as games like last of us and bioshock infinite are, they cant escape that they are just doing the same thing most games have done to death this generation. Putting out rehashed, linear gameplay with smoke and mirrors graphics propped up by a decent story and fluid cutscenes..

Its the reason these games will not be talked about in the coming months, only when next gen consoles release and new titles with a rejuvenated sense of exploration will there be any truely innovative, goty contenders...

lol, launch titles are almost always a waste of time. Have fun with those.
---
#8alexismynamexxPosted 6/17/2013 7:52:25 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
alexismynamexx posted...

What a pathetic answer, sounds as if you're having buyers remorse for the games I just mentioned, and I didnt even tear them apart.

So many people have commended the line up of games, yet you think that just because they are launch titles they will suck? Why did you even post this topic other than to pretend you were satisfied with the games you bought?
#9Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 7:55:31 AM
alexismynamexx posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
alexismynamexx posted...

What a pathetic answer, sounds as if you're having buyers remorse for the games I just mentioned, and I didnt even tear them apart.

So many people have commended the line up of games, yet you think that just because they are launch titles they will suck? Why did you even post this topic other than to pretend you were satisfied with the games you bought?

Check your history. Then get back to me.

Everyone's ALWAYS in love with launch games (until they come out).

are you 13 yet dear?
---
#10Arucard05Posted 6/17/2013 7:55:47 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Arucard05 posted...

yea....................wow. I just don't want it to end.

Thank god your off your Bioshock Infinite kick, jk

I thought Bioshock Infinite was an amazing game. It might have been a shoe in for GOTY if it had not released mere months away from what is now my second favorite game of all time.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.