This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is you current GOTY something you feel others wouldn't choose?

#41DirtyRollerPosted 6/17/2013 6:47:27 PM
The only game from 2013 that I've played is Bioshock Infinite, so it's a pretty easy choice for me.
---
Jolee: "Oh I get it. Play with the old man's balls..."
#42AjidoMarujidoPosted 6/17/2013 9:13:34 PM
Right now my GotY is Ni no Kuni, however I just started The Last of Us, that'll likely take over the slot.

However upcoming this year are Watch_Dogs, Tales of Xillia, Ace Attorney 5, Pokémon X/Y, Ys: Celceta, and Batman: Arkham Origins. My personal GotY could easily be any of those.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- The Last of Us (PS3), Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Vita)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#43CourtofOwlsPosted 6/18/2013 1:47:13 AM
nope...at the moment it's tomb raider and plenty of people would choose that
got further into remember me,that's climbed up so if it keeps getting better then it'd be a yes
but i expect it to be yes by the end of the week anyway with shadowrun
#44Killah PriestPosted 6/18/2013 3:12:40 AM
Games like Uncharted and TLoU are universally acclaimed because they're fishing fantastic.

based on this claim you overrate them as well, uncharted is 6-7 status.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#45BB52700Posted 6/19/2013 11:12:41 AM
BB52700 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Arucard05 posted...
No. I can't imagine many people who've played The Last of Us could possibly say anything is better.

yea....................wow. I just don't want it to end.

Thank god your off your Bioshock Infinite kick, jk

I thought Bioshock Infinite was an amazing game. It might have been a shoe in for GOTY if it had not released mere months away from what is now my second favorite game of all time.

trust me --- I know the feeling -- Me and the new TR were cruising along -- hey I had my GOTY - in the bag! Then.................. TLOU. Gulp. Wow. lol

Interesting. I would say Tomb Raider is my GOTY so far, and I just bought The Last of Us. I wonder if it will unseat TR like it did for you.

Ok, in TLOU I'm at the part where you meet bill for the first time and I've got to say that, while great, this game does have some pretty glaring flaws.

-it's hard to be immersed in the stealth and really feeling like I need to be quiet or else Im going to die when Ellie runs right in front of the creatures/soldiers Im trying to avoid talking at full volume and they don't react at all

-after all these years, Naughty Dog still can't get shooting right. I so wish this game was melee only

-another Naughty Dog gripe "oh look, waist-high cover everywhere. time for a fight" just once Id like to be surprised by a combat scenario in one of their games.

Game is solid enough, and the story more than makes up for the flaws, but I'm sticking with Tomb Raider as my GOTY so far
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#46UltimateGeth39Posted 6/19/2013 11:29:37 AM
Bioshock Infinite say what you will about this game but you can't deny it at least deserves to be nominated GOTY.
---
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."
#47BB52700Posted 6/20/2013 11:24:45 AM
ok, TLOU is picking up its game now. we may have a contender here
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!
#48velvet_hammerPosted 6/20/2013 11:27:52 AM
Arucard05 posted...
No. I can't imagine many people who've played The Last of Us could possibly say anything is better.

ya it passed MGR for me as an overall package.. I LOVE TLoU MP, its extremely well done and tactical.

if it was just sp vs sp it would have been tougher. MGR has amazing replay value
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique