This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone sign up for the World of Tanks beta?

#1DougEInstructorPosted 6/20/2013 1:23:55 AM
How long until I get a code?
#2SoF-RamboPosted 6/20/2013 1:48:56 AM
What's the big deal about this game? Is it just another one of those Minecraft-like obsessions people try to force upon others?

Looking for legit info from people who've played the PC version. All I see is the Tank warfare we got in CoD3/World at War.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#3Deathx113Posted 6/20/2013 3:34:23 AM
It's a game... about tanks...

It isn't even that popular, you either like tanks or you don't. >>
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#4alexismynamexxPosted 6/20/2013 3:47:59 AM
Its a very tactical vehicle combat game, not for everyone, but the depth they go into with bouncing shells and angle'ing' your armour just satisfies me so much.

Ive been watching gameplay on youtube a lot recently, Quickybabytv is an awesome :D
#5HELZEROPosted 6/20/2013 9:07:23 AM
if its anything like chromehounds i will put 500+ hours into this one
#6glassghost0Posted 6/20/2013 9:10:15 AM
Just because you sign up for the beta doesn't mean you get to be in the beta
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7DougEInstructor(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 11:17:43 AM
Has anyone here gotten in?
#8Purple_CheetahPosted 6/20/2013 11:34:02 AM
I haven't, but then again I signed up a bit later than I'd desire due to reasons.

As for it being like CoD tanks... eh, no. Though I do foresee many ill informed players blitzing out into the open and getting mauled instantly, and expecting their shells to land 100% perfectly dead center.
I just knows it.

Nice to finally see it come to console though, even if it seems to be quite reduced in comparision.
#9djwagonPosted 6/20/2013 12:18:02 PM
HELZERO posted...
if its anything like chromehounds i will put 500+ hours into this one
then I guess you would have gone way over 1,000,000 hours on steel battalion loc then .since chromehounds was nothing like sb
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#10darkharePosted 6/20/2013 12:30:36 PM
SoF-Rambo posted...
What's the big deal about this game? Is it just another one of those Minecraft-like obsessions people try to force upon others?

Looking for legit info from people who've played the PC version. All I see is the Tank warfare we got in CoD3/World at War.

line of sight with allies helps you blind fire through brush and buildings at tanks you wouldnt have been able to see without your allies help, if any allie looses line of sight you then lose the ability to fire accuratly blind. the angle of the tank and the size of shell that your shooting or being shot with determines if your tank is getting hit or if the shell just bounces right off, you have to leed with all your shots instead of pulling the trigger and bullets instantaniously hitting what you were aiming at. if its anything like the pc version, your going to have a huge selection of tanks and modifications to use. this is most likely the only real tactical shooter were going to get on the 360 since everything has become call of dutyfied, its free everyone should check it out.

---
video gaming tradition is dead, long live board and tabletop wargames.