This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come this gen, Western-made games were more high quality than Japanese ones?

#11RatlankPosted 6/20/2013 2:38:35 PM
gabrius posted...
Ratlank posted...
gabrius posted...
Thanks for the examples and compelling argument.

He's not making an argument, he's asking a question, and thus does not need to provide examples.

The 360 sucks for Japanese games anyway. There are plenty of Japanese games on the DS, for example, that are still better than western games.

I have about 30 imports for the 360... so yeah, you're wrong.

Also, it's pretty transparent what you're doing here. I'll give you a pass for today.... but if you continue following me from topic to topic just to try and troll out an argument from me, I'll get this account of yours banned for harassment just like the last 2.

1) I'm not following you from topic to topic. I am deliberately avoiding your SHMUP topics because I don't know anything about SHMUPS and thus cannot offer my expert advice.

2) The first account never got banned. I closed it.

3) You cannot get me banned for quoting you and disagreeing with you. I learned my lesson last time; I now know not to openly threaten to humiliate you and so there will be no reason to ban me.
---
It irritates me when people say RPG games.
#12SunDevil77Posted 6/20/2013 2:46:49 PM
The only person you humiliated is yourself.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#13RatlankPosted 6/20/2013 2:48:50 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

I never humiliated myself. I humiliated gabrius twice, an achievement I am very proud of.
---
#14CaseyJonezPosted 6/20/2013 2:49:20 PM
alexismynamexx posted...
Did you somehow bypass blighttown?

It's an amazing game, but you are really stretching the definition of quality.

Plus its western styled.

Blighttown calls me daddy. -and don't you dare say it's because I have cesspool like qualities

I don't think I'm stretching the definition at all. I logged about 700 hours on it. That's more than any other game I've played, ever.

Boss battles offered such a feeling of accomplishment after to beat them that I refused to use a FAQ. The only other games that did that for me (besides final bosses) were Shadow of the Colossus and Megaman X.
Oh, how I hated Sting Chameleon.

I know it comes down to personal preference but you said yourself "it's an amazing game". I think that somewhat contradicts the following clause "you are stretching the definition of quality".

If you'll indulge me; I'd like to know which 360 games you (or any one of you) feel have a better quality than Dark Souls. I won't challenge your opinions, I promise.
---
I can hear it. Deeper, and deeper. Louder and louder, punctuating the silence like thunder on a calm evening. Laughter.
#15SunDevil77Posted 6/20/2013 3:22:53 PM
Ratlank posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

I never humiliated myself. I humiliated gabrius twice, an achievement I am very proud of.

Even if that were true...
You admitted you were not even an adult.

You proved the point of insanity by PMing a user on GameFAQs in a harassing manner

You think that is a life achievement. That in and of itself is humorous to say the least.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#16alexismynamexxPosted 6/20/2013 3:24:16 PM
CaseyJonez posted...
alexismynamexx posted...
Did you somehow bypass blighttown?

It's an amazing game, but you are really stretching the definition of quality.

Plus its western styled.

Blighttown calls me daddy. -and don't you dare say it's because I have cesspool like qualities

I don't think I'm stretching the definition at all. I logged about 700 hours on it. That's more than any other game I've played, ever.

Boss battles offered such a feeling of accomplishment after to beat them that I refused to use a FAQ. The only other games that did that for me (besides final bosses) were Shadow of the Colossus and Megaman X.
Oh, how I hated Sting Chameleon.

I know it comes down to personal preference but you said yourself "it's an amazing game". I think that somewhat contradicts the following clause "you are stretching the definition of quality".

If you'll indulge me; I'd like to know which 360 games you (or any one of you) feel have a better quality than Dark Souls. I won't challenge your opinions, I promise.

Well, i took 'quality' to mean graphics, performance and production values soooo ;

Gears 3/J
Halo reach/4
Skyrim*
Red Dead Redemption*
Grid 2
BF3*
Mass Effect 1/2/3
Borderlands 1/2
Max Payne 3

*these games had large bugs, but i still feel oozed quality.

Of course, if i were to use quality as you do, then the only games that are of a higher quality are ;

Fallout 3
Fallout : New Vegas
GTA 4

Because they are undoubtedly my favourite games of all time that i could sink hours into, but like dark souls, they all have glaring technical issues.

(Dark souls would be my 4th favourite game of this gen, below the three above)
#17RatlankPosted 6/20/2013 3:30:33 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Ratlank posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Even if that were true...
You admitted you were not even an adult.

You proved the point of insanity by PMing a user on GameFAQs in a harassing manner

You think that is a life achievement. That in and of itself is humorous to say the least.

1) What does my age have to do with anything?

2) It was not in a harassing manner. I was just saying hello.
---
#18Bloodlines1191Posted 6/22/2013 6:00:28 PM
While it does look like at this rate there are gonna be good games coming from Japan as well as ones without dated mechanics, people are too far gone to acknowledge it at this point. Especially how the modern gamer and industry reacts too things (TLOU being a movie, DmC being a reboot yet is still terrible because it's changed, every game is a rip-off of another, average games suck).
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#19creep50Posted 6/22/2013 6:05:56 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Ratlank posted...
gabrius posted...
Thanks for the examples and compelling argument.

He's not making an argument, he's asking a question, and thus does not need to provide examples.

The 360 sucks for Japanese games anyway. There are plenty of Japanese games on the DS, for example, that are still better than western games.

RPG games?

ATM machine.....PIN number

----------------------------------------------------

on topic

i have not seen anything that indicates that western games are better overall the Japanese games....it just depends on the game
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#20JukainPosted 6/23/2013 3:42:53 AM
Going off my personal collection, which I make my best effort to only buy quality games, I have 45 Japanese-made retail titles and 40 Western-made retail titles. It's very close.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900