This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrading to new Xbox e slim and good trade in deal?

#1BTM4444Posted 6/20/2013 6:33:49 PM
So I'm planning on getting the new Xbox e slim or whatever it's called. For anyone who has it, how is it? Worth upgrading to?

Also I would trade in my original Xbox slim 250 gb. Gamestop said they would give me $135 for it. Good deal? Or should I try Craigslist?
#2Lucha_VillaPosted 6/20/2013 6:57:20 PM
It is not worth upgrading it.

No audio port

Buttons are so close to each other

That's about it. I'd stick with the ol' slim
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZB6jsD9.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/T2NkY.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/adDOMwa.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/Lefob.jpg
#3glassghost0Posted 6/20/2013 7:00:39 PM
There's no reason to upgrade to the new one if you already have a slim
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4TheBlueStigPosted 6/20/2013 7:45:04 PM
BTM4444 posted...
So I'm planning on getting the new Xbox e slim or whatever it's called. For anyone who has it, how is it? Worth upgrading to?

Also I would trade in my original Xbox slim 250 gb. Gamestop said they would give me $135 for it. Good deal? Or should I try Craigslist?

Trading a current slim for an E slim is actually a downgrade.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#5pepsiboy95620Posted 6/20/2013 8:01:00 PM
They are only offerent 135 with the 250 GB hard drive? Wow I was thinking of trading In my slim for the new one but that's a rip off
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#6TheBlueStigPosted 6/20/2013 8:09:53 PM
pepsiboy95620 posted...
They are only offerent 135 with the 250 GB hard drive? Wow I was thinking of trading In my slim for the new one but that's a rip off

Why the HELL is anybody thinking about doing this?

Have you not bothered to research what the E really is?

The digital optical audio port is GONE, as is one of the rear USB ports.

That means no audio hardware that uses a toslink cable will work, which instantly kills most of Turtle Beach's headset lineup, and most of the surround sound systems out there too.

If you already have a Slim, there's no reason AT ALL to downgrade to the E.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#7pepsiboy95620Posted 6/20/2013 8:13:43 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
pepsiboy95620 posted...

That means no audio hardware that uses a toslink cable will work, which instantly kills most of Turtle Beach's headset lineup, and most of the surround sound systems out there too.

I was thinking forward when I get the Xbox one I won't be able to use optical audio for both systems so that wouldn't matter and also I can have surround sound with both HDMI or optical audio on my system. But if I'm not getting the value I should for the slim it isn't worth it.
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#8mike468Posted 6/20/2013 8:26:04 PM
If you have an 'Xbox Slim S' It's actually not worth upgrading to the 'Xbox 360 slim E' model. There is no optical out port, the button aren't touch sensitive like the 'Slim S' model. The power and av cables have also been changed, so you can't use existing VGA cable or component cables if that matter.

Even if you plan on hooking the system up to a surround sound system with HDMI, you can't use gaming headsets, such as the Astro, that use optical out.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#9TheBlueStigPosted 6/20/2013 8:31:39 PM
pepsiboy95620 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
pepsiboy95620 posted...

I was thinking forward when I get the Xbox one I won't be able to use optical audio for both systems so that wouldn't matter and also I can have surround sound with both HDMI or optical audio on my system. But if I'm not getting the value I should for the slim it isn't worth it.

Have fun putting up with that control lag that comes from putting the HDMI cord into the audio system first and then running that to the TV, or the audio bugs that result from using a TV with a toslink port.

That's a really poor way of doing things that's only resulted in numerous bugs for many people on this board.
---
Ben Franklin
#10flame030191Posted 6/20/2013 8:34:06 PM
I do agree, the new console is a downgrade anyway you look at it. Same cost for fewer features? No thanks

However, I don't hate on anyone looking to trade in for it. Some people just want the flashy new look and don't care about what features it takes away, and that's perfectly fine. It doesn't mean I'm going to GStop tomorrow to trade in for it.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Member of uTR. Pre-ordered PS4 with CoD: Ghosts