This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrading to new Xbox e slim and good trade in deal?

#11C810Posted 6/21/2013 9:02:42 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
BTM4444 posted...
So I'm planning on getting the new Xbox e slim or whatever it's called. For anyone who has it, how is it? Worth upgrading to?

Also I would trade in my original Xbox slim 250 gb. Gamestop said they would give me $135 for it. Good deal? Or should I try Craigslist?

Trading a current slim for an E slim is actually a downgrade.

This. I'm thinking of picking up an E and another S Slim to replace my current Reach Slim in my living room and for taking on breaks, respectively. But I'll only buy an E once I rack up enough Bing points to redeem $200 of Amazon credit since it is a rip at that price
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#12Hucast9Posted 6/23/2013 7:45:11 AM
TheBlueStig posted...

Have fun putting up with that control lag that comes from putting the HDMI cord into the audio system first and then running that to the TV, or the audio bugs that result from using a TV with a toslink port.

That's a really poor way of doing things that's only resulted in numerous bugs for many people on this board.

I have my PS3 and Xbox 360 connected to my home theater receiver through hdmi, then from there to the tv. I don't notice any input lag or any glitches at all, even on competetive games that require quick reflexes such as Modern Warfare 3. No noticeable audio lag. No noticeable input lag.

Ofcourse, this doesn't mean that someone else wont have the lag. I'm just saying that it's nowhere near guaranteed that you're going to have problems with a setup like that. Also, turning hdmi control to "off" (or in the Xbox 360's case Display Discovery to "off) may do the trick to resolve issues.
#13Hucast9Posted 6/23/2013 7:49:45 AM
C810 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
BTM4444 posted...
So I'm planning on getting the new Xbox e slim or whatever it's called. For anyone who has it, how is it? Worth upgrading to?

Also I would trade in my original Xbox slim 250 gb. Gamestop said they would give me $135 for it. Good deal? Or should I try Craigslist?

Trading a current slim for an E slim is actually a downgrade.

This. I'm thinking of picking up an E and another S Slim to replace my current Reach Slim in my living room and for taking on breaks, respectively. But I'll only buy an E once I rack up enough Bing points to redeem $200 of Amazon credit since it is a rip at that price

I've been thinking of replacing my 4 year old Falcon. I'm getting paranoid that it might break. It's somewhat loud too. I may just wait it out until it breaks since i don't feel like spending $199 right now especially with the new consoles coming soon.
#14DWB1982Posted 6/23/2013 8:30:26 AM
This might be the absolute dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum that was unintentional...

OP only wants that new XBOX because of it's design.. OP is a child.. Begging his mom for a ride to Gamestop so he can trade on something that LOOKS slightly cooler...

Microsoft is targeting children like OP.. The type of kid who will trade in 25 games just to get 1 game... I hate when these kids clog up the lines in the Gamestop... I just want to get my game and go...
---
PSN=MWB1982
360 Live=InterceptorGT
#15ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 6/23/2013 8:42:58 AM
TC Heres an in-depth look into the crappiness of the e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hOniLXlZK4
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS