This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help my CD Drive is jacked!! (slim 360)

#11glassghost0Posted 6/21/2013 10:02:14 PM
Tsuyogaru posted...
My repair shop fixes this issue for $49.99. So your options are to find one or to take it apart yourself, take apart the drive and try to realign it. Good luck.

Wow, what a rip off
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#12LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 6:08:24 AM
Is there a guide to fix them yourself?
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#13TheBlueStigPosted 6/22/2013 11:55:12 AM
This is what happens when you push the disc tray back in instead of hitting the eject button again to close the drive.

The more times you push the tray yourself, the more you damage the ejecting mechanism.

Always use the button.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#14TheMuffinPosted 6/22/2013 12:50:43 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
This is what happens when you push the disc tray back in instead of hitting the eject button again to close the drive.

The more times you push the tray yourself, the more you damage the ejecting mechanism.

Always use the button.

That can be a cause. However more often it is the rubber washer they use around the pulleys. Rubber loses it's elasticity after a time. Dryer climates increase this. Once it's no longer stretchy it can't grip the pulley and turn it.
---
JascoD~ He said black ops 2, not Battlefield 3. CoD can be played at the same time you're making a sandwich.
#15TsuyogaruPosted 6/22/2013 3:34:27 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Tsuyogaru posted...
My repair shop fixes this issue for $49.99. So your options are to find one or to take it apart yourself, take apart the drive and try to realign it. Good luck.

Wow, what a rip off

If you can do it yourself, more power to you but I'm in the business to make money doing repairs people cannot do or are too scared to do. You can take your negativity and shove it. To the TC, you can try ifixit.com or YouTube, just be careful not to damage anything.
---
Xbox Live: Chainsaw Smile
PSN: Scars_of_Wisdom
#16LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 7:34:46 PM
Tsuyogaru posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Tsuyogaru posted...

Wow, what a rip off

If you can do it yourself, more power to you but I'm in the business to make money doing repairs people cannot do or are too scared to do. You can take your negativity and shove it. To the TC, you can try ifixit.com or YouTube, just be careful not to damage anything.

You're right. I have no experience with this kind of thing and i'm just gonna take it to a shop when I get a chance. Thanks.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#17TsuyogaruPosted 6/23/2013 7:45:48 AM
No problem man. If you have some experience taking apart things, it's not very difficult but if not you just want to be careful.
---
#18LonnyJohnson(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 8:21:17 AM
Tsuyogaru posted...
No problem man. If you have some experience taking apart things, it's not very difficult but if not you just want to be careful.

Would you be able to walk me through the repair?
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#19TsuyogaruPosted 6/23/2013 8:50:48 AM
I unfortunately don't have the time for that. I own the repair shop I work for so my time is pretty limited. YouTube is your best shot for walk-throughs. I'll see if I can find you a link.
---
#20TsuyogaruPosted 6/23/2013 8:58:01 AM
You can find plenty of videos on how to take apart the console, here's a video on how to take apart the drive and fix it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Wktdy3nvM
---