This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having problems with my xbox 360 console...help please?

#1MilkinNipplePosted 6/22/2013 4:24:16 AM
This is probably a futile attempt, but maybe there is a way to fix this?

I still have the old xbox arcade edition by the way...

Whenever I play games now they stutter a bit, the imagery doesn't flow perfectly...it stalls a bit. Not every game. But a lot of them.

Also, the xbox seems to make more sound then usual when running a disc.

Maybe I also need to mention that sometimes it takes a few attempts before the disc drive opens when i press the eject button...but I've had that problem for years...

Any help? Buy a new xbox?
#2MilkinNipple(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 4:47:04 AM
Anybody? Any tips?
#3ZDT_LeaderPosted 6/22/2013 4:57:27 AM
I would buy a slim honestly.

Trade your old Xbox in at GameStop. I'm not sure but they might still be giving the bonus 50 bucks for consoles.

250 gig with warranty isn't too bad after that.
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#4MilkinNipple(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 5:03:10 AM
Don't live in the US mate! Otherwise I'd maybe do that.

However, I don't think they accept semi-broken xbox consoles in game stores here...

Maybe I can sell it on an ebay site here or something? And say it's somewhat deffective? Maybe there's some one who can easily fix it and offer some money???
#5ZDT_LeaderPosted 6/22/2013 5:13:49 AM
MilkinNipple posted...
Don't live in the US mate! Otherwise I'd maybe do that.

However, I don't think they accept semi-broken xbox consoles in game stores here...

Maybe I can sell it on an ebay site here or something? And say it's somewhat deffective? Maybe there's some one who can easily fix it and offer some money???

Damn..

Fixing fat Xboxs aren't too hard but I wouldn't myself. Just selling it will get you little to nothing now.
---
#6MilkinNipple(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 5:17:43 AM
Hmm...I see!

I'm not very handy or technically gifted myself...think it's worth the risk? To fix it myself? Or will i Die from an explosion or something?> hahahah
#7ZDT_LeaderPosted 6/22/2013 5:20:32 AM
MilkinNipple posted...
Hmm...I see!

I'm not very handy or technically gifted myself...think it's worth the risk? To fix it myself? Or will i Die from an explosion or something?> hahahah

With the right equipment and watching enough videos you should be good. But you could permanently mess your xbox up. So I would wait til it dies unless you have the money to replace it.. Know what I mean?
---
#8MilkinNipple(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 5:22:18 AM
Hmm..thanks for the advice mate.

Just in case I already put an advert up on marktplaats (a sort of dutch version of ebay)! Hopefully there's somebody willing to pay something for it. Or maybe even some one who can fix it cheaply...
#9ZDT_LeaderPosted 6/22/2013 5:25:06 AM
MilkinNipple posted...
Hmm..thanks for the advice mate.

Just in case I already put an advert up on marktplaats (a sort of dutch version of ebay)! Hopefully there's somebody willing to pay something for it. Or maybe even some one who can fix it cheaply...

Make sure you find someone reliable if you get it fixed instead. I had someone basically open it practically do nothing and charged me like 40 bucks... Yeahh
---