This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hell do people actually look for in a movie based game?

#1MilkinNipplePosted 6/22/2013 7:52:35 AM
I'm asking this question after having finished Star Trek (the recent game) not too long ago and being very impressed by it. It has everything one could want from a game based on a movie: great asthetics, good production values, good voice work by the original movie cast, a decent/fun script, varied, terrific music, well working gameplay and a solid length.

Sure there are glitches and the a.i can be questionable, but it's a great effort imo.

It's one of the better movie games I've played and I've certainly played quite a few.

Have gamers because way too spoiled and expect tripple A games all the time?
#2SunDevil77Posted 6/22/2013 7:54:54 AM
Well, for one, I expect the game to work. While playing the first 30 minutes of Star Trek, I experienced 5 glitches that stopped me from progressing.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3MilkinNipple(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 7:56:16 AM
Hmm..really? Didn't happen to me...at all.
#4AiuchiFanboiPosted 6/22/2013 8:01:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5SunDevil77Posted 6/22/2013 8:06:55 AM
MilkinNipple posted...
Hmm..really? Didn't happen to me...at all.

Yes, really. And it happened to many others. Not only that, but it's a pretty bad game in general. Doesn't add anything to the franchise.

More movie games need to be like The Amazing Spider-Man. A semi-sequel that adds to the story, and keeps the tone of the movie.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
#6magemaximusPosted 6/22/2013 8:09:58 AM
lol that star trek game is bad. most movie based games are bad because they are rushed in order to come out before the release of the movie.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#7joegt123Posted 6/22/2013 8:59:48 AM
Riddick is the single greatest example of a movie based game I've ever seen. Still wasn't perfect, but damn.

And "some glitches"? ...Lul.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#8TheWaitingPosted 6/22/2013 9:14:47 AM
Thrres 4 movie based games that I can recall right now that were awesome games. Riddick, Spiderman 2, the amazing Spiderman, and xmen origins wolverine.
---
GAMERTAG:SollessWarrior
#9TheBlueStigPosted 6/22/2013 9:26:31 AM
MilkinNipple posted...
"What the hell do people actually look for in a movie based game?"

1. It must work properly.

2. It must not suck.

3. The characters should look and sound just like the movie characters.

4. The voice acting must not suck.

5. It should have SOMETHING to do with the movie in terms of furthering the storyline.

6. It should NOT be a quickly thrown together cash grab in a lame attempt just to grab a quick buck off the movie license.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#10SunDevil77Posted 6/22/2013 9:45:42 AM
TheWaiting posted...
Thrres 4 movie based games that I can recall right now that were awesome games. Riddick, Spiderman 2, the amazing Spiderman, and xmen origins wolverine.

GoldenEye
The World is Not Enough
The Punisher
LOTR: Return of the King (Xbox)
Toy Story (Genesis)

...there's a lot, they just get overlooked.
---