This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameStop Trade-Value for Xbox 360

#1nw63Posted 6/22/2013 4:10:38 PM
I'm looking to go ahead and trade my 360 in and preorder the Xbox One. I'll be out of the country until late September so I won't have time to use my 360 and figured I might as well trade it in now while I'm still in the USA to avoid its price/value dropping.

Anyone have any idea of how much GameStop will give for it? It is the black model with the kinect, wireless controller, and a 250 GB hard drive that I bought separately
---
Don't ever give up
#2glassghost0Posted 6/22/2013 4:26:41 PM
Probably like 150 base.

I know people aren't loaded, I'm certainly not, but one of my biggest regrets is trading in my old systems for a 360.

I suggest you just keep it and save up
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3C810Posted 6/22/2013 4:46:35 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Probably like 150 base.

I know people aren't loaded, I'm certainly not, but one of my biggest regrets is trading in my old systems for a 360.

I suggest you just keep it and save up

Probably around that. It might be a little different depending on their stock. But I suggest you keep it too. Since the Xbox One isn't backwards compatible, you'd have to sell all your games too because you couldn't play them. I think holding onto older consoles is a good idea so you can revisit old worlds you once loved
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#4grimmdaddyPosted 6/22/2013 4:52:40 PM
What's it like being afraid to use a telephone?
#5APicPosted 6/22/2013 6:28:37 PM
grimmdaddy posted...

I don't know about you, but every gamestop I've ever been to has had the employees there tell me that they are not allowed to tell trade in values over the phone.
---
---------------------------------------------------------------
Stop reading this. Seriously, stop it.
#6Mindwipe77Posted 6/22/2013 6:51:28 PM
APic posted...
grimmdaddy posted...

I don't know about you, but every gamestop I've ever been to has had the employees there tell me that they are not allowed to tell trade in values over the phone.

i worked at gamestop for 5 years, we were lying to you out of laziness
---
Now playing-DCUO, Injustice GAU,Sacred Citadel
Waiting for-Lightning Returns,Dragons Crown,PS4
#7velvet_hammerPosted 6/22/2013 6:52:33 PM
$75
---
"Ignorance is venomous, and it murders the soul
Spreading like a virus running rampant, but out of control" Immortal Technique
#8nw63(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 7:53:26 PM
grimmdaddy posted...

Lol I called the local gamestop before I posted this thread. They wouldn't quote me over the phone.

However, I went and sold my 360 for $160, kinect for $18, controller for $20, hard drive for $21, and a bunch of old games for a total of $387. Very happy with how it turned out
---
Don't ever give up
#9JascoDPosted 6/22/2013 7:59:28 PM
nw63 posted...
grimmdaddy posted...

Lol I called the local gamestop before I posted this thread. They wouldn't quote me over the phone.

However, I went and sold my 360 for $160, kinect for $18, controller for $20, hard drive for $21, and a bunch of old games for a total of $387. Very happy with how it turned out

Damn, thats not so bad actually!
---
Fear makes the wolf look bigger.
#10nw63(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 8:27:02 PM
JascoD posted...
nw63 posted...
grimmdaddy posted...

Damn, thats not so bad actually!

I know. They had some crazy deal where I received $35 for any 7 games... And I had games dating back to when the. 360 first came out. It rally made me appreciate Gamestop tbh.

And I got a PS3 and The Last of Us... I couldn't help myself! I felt bad for "betraying" my loyalty to Microsoft and the Xbox so I went ahead and preordered the XB1 with the $101 I had left plus $200 of my ow cash. So I'll trade back the PS3 and The Last of Us when I properly finish it (3 playthroughs) and use that $150-$180 to pay off the majority of what's left for my XB1 preorder

I
---
Don't ever give up