This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live doesn't work

#1SplinterCell764Posted 6/23/2013 8:47:34 AM
I have a hard time connecting to Xbox Live when starting the system up. The rings flash on screen as it tries to connect. The dashboard shows up showing it is not connect to live. When I try to connect it just says "Can't connect to Xbox Live". When I do a test, it says the problem is between the Xbox and the wireless.
This is only been happening recently. It worked fine for months and I didn't alter a single setting. It can't be my internet because I'm on the computer right now and the internet works here but not on the Xbox. The temporary fixes I've found are disconnecting the Xbox from the network and re-entering the code or unplugging my router and modem. Can anyone help? Thanks.
---
Rutgers Scarlet Knights: 2012 Big East Co-Champions
New York Giants: Super Bowl XLVI Champions.
#2gudamanPosted 6/23/2013 9:25:54 AM
Are you using the wireless dongle for the older systems or the new slim models with it built in? Or have you gone the road of ethernet connections?

Have you moved the location of the console or wireless device since the last time you could connect?

Is it possible that someone else has been able to access your routers wireless settings
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#3Super CreaturesPosted 6/23/2013 9:50:45 AM
Router brand and model?

Are you forwarding ports?

Does your console have a static or automatic IP address?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#4SplinterCell764(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 6:33:47 AM
I have a slim 360. I can't exactly remember how I connected it when I first got the system but but I got it to connect and haven't touched any settings since. Router brand is a Belkin.
I'm not sure what the problem is because all my other devices connect to the internet just fine. I did find that if I unplug the router and modem then plug them back in and let it reconnect, the Xbox connects to live. If I turn the Xbox off then on again, it won't connect. At least, that is what I noticed the last few times I tried to connect to live.
---
Rutgers Scarlet Knights: 2012 Big East Co-Champions
New York Giants: Super Bowl XLVI Champions.
#5gudamanPosted 6/24/2013 11:15:11 AM
Sounds like your router and xbox are having trouble setting IP's. This sounds like an issue for Capwnd.

Frustmonkey, oh frust, where you at.
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#6Super CreaturesPosted 6/24/2013 12:14:15 PM
Please hold, a CapwnD associate will be with you shortly.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.