This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are any of the sleeping dog story dlc's worth buying

#1pyrokinesis666Posted 6/23/2013 11:03:14 AM
the game board is dead so I ask here
---
live tag: XxPyRoKiNeTiCxX
#2moogie101Posted 6/23/2013 12:09:27 PM
Personally I found the story DLC's to be fun.
The money & XP packs are essentially worthless as all can be gained via playing the game.
Some of the Clothes DLC are OK.

Don't buy them at full price though, these DLC are regularly discounted so just pick them up then.
#3GawdDawgsPosted 6/23/2013 12:17:16 PM
they're all good, but too short to pay for full price, so definitely wait for a sale.

That being said, I played Nightmare in North Point, Year of the Snake, and Zodiac Tournament. I found Year of the Snake to be the longest. It takes place after the main story, but it has no real connection to it. It lasted me a good 2.5-3 hours.

Nightmare is a funny "RDR-undead nightmare"-esque dlc that lasted maybe 1.5 hours, has some new enemy types, and makes fun of itself.

Zodiac is the coolest but also criminally short at 1/2 an hour. It's essentially a tournament done in the style of an old 70's martial arts movie ala Bruce Lee movies. Had this been an hour or two longer, it'd easily be the best one, but its over before you know it. To make up for this, it allows you to replay any mission whenever you want once done, but that's it.

they're all decent dlc's if you loved the main game, but wait for a sale (Which is often, however, they JUST had one, so it might be awhile)
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.