This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skyrim, Dark Souls or Fallout 3 GOTY

#1Prison29841Posted 6/23/2013 7:49:44 PM
I've got all three sitting on my shelf. Which should I dive into first?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/CodySmoldt
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 6/23/2013 7:51:58 PM
Dark Souls, then Fallout 3 then Skyrim.

Save the best for last.
---
My Remember Me Review:
gamefaqs.com/xbox360/640642-remember-me/reviews/review-154539
#3barrysshoesPosted 6/23/2013 8:04:28 PM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Dark Souls, then Fallout 3 then Skyrim.

Save the best for last.

Reverse that order
#4DieMyBridePosted 6/23/2013 8:11:34 PM
Fallout 3
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#5ZuuFPosted 6/23/2013 8:20:57 PM
Fallout 3, and you don't need the others. Here's my opinion on why:

-Dark Souls focuses on patience more than anything, as you hold your shield up for a long time, and swing your sword a few times. It's pretty in-depth as far as getting better equipment goes. It's good, but not as good as Fallout 3, in my opinion.

-Skyrim uses skill-based leveling, and I, personally, hate it with a passion; if you like skill-based leveling, you'll probably enjoy it. If you don't like skill-based leveling, treat more as an open-world action game with RPG elements; that's the mindset I need to use to play it. It's pretty in-depth, and features many different things to do. Also, without a level-cap, it's just fun to run around with a character that has an absurd amount of Health and Stamina. If you get this game, be sure keep all unique gear you find, and keep every ingredient and piece of ore you find (and store them somewhere safe).

-Fallout 3 uses experience-based leveling, which I prefer. It has an awesome, cruel sense of humor. It has guns...such as the almighty...EXPERIMENTAL MIRV (it's like a Farsight, but without the x-ray vision...and a massive blast-radius for a launcher)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has a great atmosphere, if you can tolerate brown everywhere. It's less glitchy than Skyrim. The GOTY edition includes the DLC, which together, is about equal to the game twice over, in terms of size and playability.
The DLCs include Broken Steel, which ups the level-cap and allows you to continue beyond the ending (with a new ending...that allows you to continue until you delete you character, doing whatever you want before then). Mothership Zeta includes aliens, and is mostly shooting (with great gear, perks, and an easy way to make bottle caps when you return to the Capital Wasteland). Operation Anchorage is about 3 hours of a military campaign that results in some of the best gear in the game (with Power Armor training at the end). The Pitt gives the best melee weapon in the game, along with some great melee-related perks. Point Lookout is the most difficult, but includes some good gear, and also features a fun moment with hallucinogens (plus, it's the largest separate DLC portion).

In the end, I say that Fallout 3 is the best, but it's mostly just my opinion.
---
I am ZuuF, of the ZuuF Suit Riot, a group of friends who have been writing together (yet still very little money). I've lead it for 3 years
me = Robert Frost 2
#6_LordAndSaviorPosted 6/23/2013 8:48:06 PM
Fallout 3 is the best of them all.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#7thecougPosted 6/24/2013 7:32:20 AM
FO3 GOTY
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug | Currently Playing: BioShock, State of Decay
#8BahamutBBobPosted 6/24/2013 7:35:05 AM
Go with Fallout 3 first. Trust me.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#9alexismynamexxPosted 6/24/2013 7:37:39 AM
Fallout 3 is the best game ever so.... It depends if you wanna play the best one first or last.
#10shawnmckPosted 6/24/2013 9:35:33 AM
Or...you could just alternate between the three so that you don't get bored with any particular one.
Just pick one and play it until you've had your fill, and then start another one and rinse & repeat.