This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was the XBox 360 able to match the PS3 in graphics?

#11bossk5Posted 6/24/2013 1:23:42 PM
Forza 4 and the opening scene in Halo 4 are about the closest. I'm not ready to say they have matched the ps3s best. They cut it AWFUL close though. The Halo 4 scene fooled me for a minute...I thought it was live action.
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#12VeryDarkSoulPosted 6/24/2013 1:38:02 PM
Uozzor posted...
I'm pretty sure they're equal hardware wise, but the PS3 uses blurays, which allows for better textures and stuff. For example Halo 4 looks really good modelwise, but has fugly textures because the game was limited to 8 GB DVDs.
So in practice PS3 can have better graphics.
ps3 had bluray but it was slower compared to xbox's dvd drive, so that's wh ya lot of ps3s games made you install to hard drive. not really a problem though since ps3 actually gives you a hard drive. in the early days microsoft said "heres 20gb"
---
Ron Paul 2012
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 6/24/2013 1:55:47 PM
Uozzor posted...
I'm pretty sure they're equal hardware wise, but the PS3 uses blurays, which allows for better textures and stuff. For example Halo 4 looks really good modelwise, but has fugly textures because the game was limited to 8 GB DVDs.
So in practice PS3 can have better graphics.

That's not a walrus
---
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#14Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 2:21:08 PM
Would bringing up how sexy and awesome looking the cars in Forza 4 are be relevant to this at all? >.>

I'd say it counts as long as you compare to a similar genre. So if you are using Forza as an example, compare it to Gran Turismo
---
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
#15SunDevil77Posted 6/24/2013 2:24:32 PM
And Forza looks just as good, if not better than GT5. Not only that, but the sound is much, much better.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539