This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT: Recommend me some Xbox 360 games

#1a_fartn_SpartanPosted 6/24/2013 11:23:27 AM
I gotta buy 2 pre-owned games, get 1 free coupon so I plan on using it because it expires in a week.

Just some of the games I was thinking about getting:

Metro: Last Light
Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Dishonored
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Dead Island: Riptide
The Walking Dead series (aka not that cruddy one game, the collection of the 5 games)
LA Noire
Tomb Raider

So I just now realized I have a lot of games to only choose 3 from, so if you guys could help me narrow it down that'd be nice. This topic could be meant for other people too, but I don't think I really need any other recommendations unless you think you know of a really stellar, must-have game I didn't mention.

Now this part is kinda for me, and kinda to make you, the reader, not waste his/her time. I wanna start by saying I basically need AC: Revelations, but I have to beat Brotherhood first. Same with DI: Riptide and the original Dead Island. Though I could wait if I don't feel like I'm going to finish the prequel anytime soon. I'm also a Rockstar fan (LA Noire) and zombie/Walking Dead fan. The main reason I'd get Banjo is for the nostalgia factor, but Tomb Raider and Metro would be a series first for me so it'd have to be fantastic for me to buy it. And I'll end by saying Dishonored intrigued me from the start and looks like the most must-have game on this list IMO.

So basically I'm wondering if Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Metro: Last Light, and/or LA Noire are really worth more than the other games I listed. And I'm sure Dishonored is, but is it different enough from Assassin's Creed that I will want to play both at the same time? If 1 or more of these 4 are worth getting then I can just wait to buy Banjo (if I get it at all) and get The Walking Dead before or during the season to build hype for both the game and show (though I know they are different).
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#2Tank_NSPosted 6/24/2013 11:43:18 AM
Definitely get the Walking Dead, though the disc version is inferior to the downloadable, so keep that in mind. My other 2 picks would probably be Metro and AC. I'd wait till Riptide drops more in price.
#3a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 11:43:47 AM
So unless you really think Metro is a fantastic game, I'm ruling that one out for my own reasons. Feel free to post something I may have forgotten!
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
#4a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 11:50:56 AM(edited)
Tank_NS posted...
Definitely get the Walking Dead, though the disc version is inferior to the downloadable, so keep that in mind. My other 2 picks would probably be Metro and AC. I'd wait till Riptide drops more in price.

Okay lol you posted like 30 seconds before I shot the other one off, but I'm really bad about not wanting to play games out of series order, and I don't really find Metro having any qualities that makes it stand out from other shooters. That and I heard the PC version is where it really shines so I think I'm just gonna hold off on that.

And I forgot to ask, is Riptide have bad framerate and is all glitchy like the first game?

EDIT:

And for anyone else, if I decide on LA Noire should I get the complete edition? I haven't really looked into but I'm guessing it has all of the DLC and stuff.

2nd edit:

Why's the Walking Dead on disc inferior to download? Couldn't I just install it?
---
#5SSJGrimReaperPosted 6/24/2013 11:56:43 AM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...

Why's the Walking Dead on disc inferior to download? Couldn't I just install it?

You can't install the disc version, the disc version has more bugs/glitches than the downloadable version for some reason. I dunno if they've patched it since then or not.
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdi6ovua8j1r827vgo3_250.gif
#6lokinineteenPosted 6/24/2013 2:27:40 PM
Isnt the disc version more expensive too? The first episode is free I believe and the episodes have been half price numerous times already so another price cut could be around the corner. re: The Walking Dead
#7SunDevil77Posted 6/24/2013 2:29:53 PM
Nuts n' Bolts, Lost Odyssey, and Darksiders 2. Maybe Injustice or MK9.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 5:56:35 PM
lokinineteen posted...
Isnt the disc version more expensive too? The first episode is free I believe and the episodes have been half price numerous times already so another price cut could be around the corner. re: The Walking Dead

Holy **** thanks. And I already bought the 3 games, just fyi
---
#9a_fartn_Spartan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 3:43:33 PM
I got Punch Out for Wii, LA Noire, and AC: Revelations as my 3 games. But now I just got a coupon for my birthday coming up so I'm definitely getting Dishonored! So happy about that surprise!
---