This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel achievement points have ruined the video game experience

#31TheBlueStigPosted 6/25/2013 10:42:42 AM
Shamrock99 posted...
I agree, TC.

Gamercards and achievements/trophies mean nothing to me. They exist just to lengthen people's e-peen and to tack on more hours of questionable gameplay.

Don't try to impress me with your achievement list where you died 50 times on one level on purpose...impress me by beating games like Layer Section, Ikaruga, StarTropics, Contra: Shattered Soldier, Elemental Gearbolt, Diddy Kong Racing, etc. I don't care if you walked the wrong way in the beginning of the level in a 2D game to get the "Wrong Way!" achievement.

You're not forced to look at anyone else's achievement list, you do that yourself VOLUNTARILY so you complaining about it is bulls*** and is just your own fault.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#32SolidStryderPosted 6/25/2013 10:49:39 AM
Shamrock99 posted...
I agree, TC.

Gamercards and achievements/trophies mean nothing to me. They exist just to lengthen people's e-peen and to tack on more hours of questionable gameplay.

Don't try to impress me with your achievement list where you died 50 times on one level on purpose...impress me by beating games like Layer Section, Ikaruga, StarTropics, Contra: Shattered Soldier, Elemental Gearbolt, Diddy Kong Racing, etc. I don't care if you walked the wrong way in the beginning of the level in a 2D game to get the "Wrong Way!" achievement.

I've beaten all of them. I'm going to unzip now, you better be good.
#33NevercomingdownPosted 6/25/2013 11:39:44 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
but I find myself sometimes judging a game based on how much gamerscore I can get out of them, when essentially gamerscore means absolutely nothing.

Ruined it maybe for you.. I never think like that. I don't look at achievements before I get the game, and I don't have time to play bad games just for a meaningless number. I like achievements because it kind of gives you something else to do within the game, and more difficult ones can be fun to show off. I try to get them all in my favorite games, but most others I don't really care.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
#34KCJ5062Posted 6/25/2013 12:36:44 PM
It is astounding how some people hate achievements and trophies that much. If they don't interest you, you can simply just ignore them and it won't effect your gameplay at all.
#35TheBlueStigPosted 6/25/2013 12:53:12 PM
KCJ5062 posted...
It is astounding how some people hate achievements and trophies that much. If they don't interest you, you can simply just ignore them and it won't effect your gameplay at all.

They can't ignore them because they let their OCD rule their entire lives.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#36darkhorse723Posted 6/25/2013 12:54:48 PM
While I never bother with ones like "beat game on X or Y difficulty", some offer up a fun challenge I'd otherwise not tried. The pacifist one on Deus Ex Human Revolution I use as an example.
---
Gamertag: kingofallgaming
#37foodeater4Posted 6/25/2013 1:01:55 PM
I enjoy achievements, but I wont go out of my way to get them in 99% of games.

I never dedicated extra time to a game I didn't like that much to get extra achievements just for the gamer score.

But when it comes to games I really love, I have spent more time with them to nab some achievements, but even then I rarely max out the acheievemnts.

Basically my gamer score is around 33K, but I seriously have about 3 games this gen maxed, which is like Me2, 3 and Deus Ex I think. Also those games achievments are super easy, basically you play enough you get them all and since I really enjoyed these games I have replayed them many times and ended up getting everything.
#38Shamrock99Posted 6/25/2013 9:56:59 PM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
Shamrock99 posted...
I agree, TC.

You're not forced to look at anyone else's achievement list, you do that yourself VOLUNTARILY so you complaining about it is bulls*** and is just your own fault.

I don't look at people's achievement lists. Ever since they came into existence, I've stayed away from stuff like that because I seriously don't care. All I did was agree with TC and elaborate on my opinion and you're over here punching me in the mouth for it LMFAO

It is annoying when little achievement or trophy alerts pop up onto the screen while you're playing though...takes me out of the zone, distracts me. Turn that ish off.

SolidStryder posted...
Shamrock99 posted...
I agree, TC.

I've beaten all of them. I'm going to unzip now, you better be good.

Ready and willing...
---
http://tinyurl.com/c4sed7y | http://tinyurl.com/b59xwvj | http://tinyurl.com/a5heha2
http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
#39majinbuu58Posted 6/25/2013 10:06:18 PM
Most of those collectables in games actually give you a reward in game for it.... the achievement is just extra.

Example: Sleeping Dogs. Collectables give you extra health and new skills.
#40lostoutlawnbPosted 6/27/2013 6:08:38 AM
Its all in your head. You have to convince yourself there not important.