This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crackdown is still alive!

#1SunDevil77Posted 6/25/2013 7:39:49 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/25/microsoft-exec-crackdown-isnt-dead

I like this. Next gen Crackdown would be nice. I loved the first one, had no expectations because the Halo 3 beta alone sold me on it, but it was fantastic.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#2TheBlueStigPosted 6/25/2013 7:43:23 PM
LOL @ Phil Spencer being thought of as ANY kind of a source for "credible information"....
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3Spartangod777Posted 6/25/2013 7:53:57 PM
Crackdown 1 was brilliant fun. Forget the Halo 3 Beta, I played the crap out of it. I loved how your character/vehicles would dynamically change as you levelled up your stats. But Crackdown 2 was disappointing to me. I enjoyed the four player coop, but the levelling up was unsatisying, the environments were dull and so was the combat. I guess the DLC made things a little better. Not much though. But I'd love to see a next-gen Crackdown. Hopefully it won't be uninspired and repetitive like the second.
---
Nothing important to say here.
#4Halochief6Posted 6/25/2013 8:20:51 PM
I thought both were awesome for different reasons. I'm thrilled to hear it may not be dead just yet. So thrilled in fact I just used the word thrilled, I never say thrilled. Weird.
---
"You haven't lived till you play fruit ninja with your wang." - cashedout_69
#5dclownprincePosted 6/25/2013 9:08:07 PM
Loved the 1st one. The 2nd was a let down. My only wish for the next gen would be the game levels up with you. In C2 once you leveled up it got pretty boring. Collecting orbs is fun for about 5 min, then I want to play something else
---
Move or get moved on
#6majinbuu58Posted 6/25/2013 11:07:14 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/25/microsoft-exec-crackdown-isnt-dead

I like this. Next gen Crackdown would be nice. I loved the first one, had no expectations because the Halo 3 beta alone sold me on it, but it was fantastic.

Me too. I only bought it for the halo 3 beta and just tried it out because I was bored. It was fantastic.

Still haven't played the second one though..
#7oasisbeyondPosted 6/25/2013 11:30:00 PM
Crackdown 1 of many awesome 360 "Exclusives" people tent to forget.
Fun game, all the sequel needed were different kind of side missions or main missions, and change the boss fights.

The level system was great and getting those orbs were awesome fun and sometimes challenging like getting all the stars in Mario 64.

I didn't bother with part 2 cuz people said it's just the same map again. Also wasn't made by the ex gta guys.
#8Dragon NexusPosted 6/26/2013 1:10:08 AM
I actually bought Crackdown for the game.
I hardly touched the beta, I still felt burned on Halo 2's disappointing campaign.

I'd played the demo and liked what I'd seen so I bought it. It was a flawed gem, sure, but it had a nice escalation of threat and such. It had that Assassins Creed 1 feel where you were undermining the power base of a bad guy before taking them on face to face. Or just being ballsy and taking them on first, then killing the underlings.

Got every achievement for it by the end, too.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9SunDevil77(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 3:36:30 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
LOL @ Phil Spencer being thought of as ANY kind of a source for "credible information"....

If he was going to lie about a franchise returning, I don't think Crackdown would be that franchise.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10656stoogePosted 6/26/2013 3:58:01 AM
Crackdown would be great in a world as big as Just Cause 2's.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.