This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few question about the 360 Slim?

#1NUKER002Posted 6/26/2013 1:30:32 PM
I have the older fat FF13 360 and it's dieing, so I'm getting the COD-MW3 Bundle (frankly I think the Halo 4 Bundle looks better, but it's $60.86 more)! Now I did read about the Slim like 2 or 3 years ago, but I can't remember about these things! I also need a bigger HDD, and 320 is the only up I can go!

1. I'm pretty shore it's no but, dose the Slim have the same Memorycard slot as the fat one? I use them for games that only have 1 save, and that I don't wanna overwrite!

2. If 1 is no has anyone tryed a Kingston Flash Drive on the 360, when it formats the drive dose it leave the OS for the drive intacked and can you tern it back to a normal Flash Drive? Note I don't have the Drive, but it's the one I'm looking at!

3. I have a Composite/Component A/V cable form My first 360, can I use it on the Slim, or do I have to get a new one?

4. I still have the Transfer Cables form the last 2 times (20 to 120 to 250), I know that you don't need the disk anymore, but can you just copy it now or do you still have to move all your stuff, cuz I'd like to keep a backup on the old drive?

5. If I have to send it to Microsoft do I take out the HDD, like you do wth the fat one?
#2NUKER002(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 2:10:50 PM
Bump!
#3C810Posted 6/26/2013 3:03:58 PM
NUKER002 posted...
I have the older fat FF13 360 and it's dieing, so I'm getting the COD-MW3 Bundle (frankly I think the Halo 4 Bundle looks better, but it's $60.86 more)! Now I did read about the Slim like 2 or 3 years ago, but I can't remember about these things! I also need a bigger HDD, and 320 is the only up I can go!

1. I'm pretty shore it's no but, dose the Slim have the same Memorycard slot as the fat one? I use them for games that only have 1 save, and that I don't wanna overwrite!

2. If 1 is no has anyone tryed a Kingston Flash Drive on the 360, when it formats the drive dose it leave the OS for the drive intacked and can you tern it back to a normal Flash Drive? Note I don't have the Drive, but it's the one I'm looking at!

3. I have a Composite/Component A/V cable form My first 360, can I use it on the Slim, or do I have to get a new one?

4. I still have the Transfer Cables form the last 2 times (20 to 120 to 250), I know that you don't need the disk anymore, but can you just copy it now or do you still have to move all your stuff, cuz I'd like to keep a backup on the old drive?

5. If I have to send it to Microsoft do I take out the HDD, like you do wth the fat one?

1) The Slim doesn't have memory card slots like the original had. There are no ports for them, probably removed since they weren't that popular I believe.

2) I think you can partition it so part of it is formatted for use with the 360 and the other can be used as a regular USB drive. I have never used a USB drive though, so I'm not completely sure but that seems to be possible from other threads I've read.

3) It depends on if you get the 360 S or 360 E. The S model is the one that the Halo 4 console uses, and it supports composite, component, and HDMI. However the 360 E only supports HDMI and composite, but the console has a different composite port in the back.

4) I think you still have to move all of your stuff, but I got my Slim almost three years ago so I don't know if the protocol has changed or if I am remembering wrong.

5) I'm pretty positive you do

Word of advice, if you are going to upgrade to the Slim, make sure it is the S model as the E worse but costs the same
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#4NUKER002(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 3:40:38 PM
It should be a new S, COD-MW3 came out 11/08/2011, and the Bundle came out at the same time! I ordered it form amazon (like a hour ago), and I don't think they have any E's, also I remember reading the E only had a 250 where the COD-MW3 Bundle has 320!