This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I were to buy a console...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. If I were to buy a console...

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
3 years ago#1
In a couple weeks or so, it will be ok to stay boxed up until January won't it? I want to get it as a present for then whilst I have money now.
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
I..am..Kolos, the great Leviathan._

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
3 years ago#2
well yeah
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122

Overburdened
3 years ago#3
I know it was a daft question, but better safe than sorry.Init bei.

User Info: joegt123

joegt123
3 years ago#4
Depending on the model you get you can pretty much guarantee it's going to have already been sitting on some shelf in some warehouse for a couple of years already.

Your closet won't be much different.
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 years ago#5

There's a joke to be made out of that phrase. I just wish I was awake enough to think of it.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
3 years ago#6
Put the money away somewhere. Buy it in January. It'll probably be cheaper, and the warranty will start from that date instead of now.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

Overburdened
3 years ago#7
Dragon Nexus posted...

There's a joke to be made out of that phrase. I just wish I was awake enough to think of it.

I'd still like to hear it :D.

And Sheepinator. That makes sense, I might just do that, thanks.

User Info: Banana_Mana

Banana_Mana
3 years ago#8
Overburdened posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

I'm with Sheep... Make a new bank account (using online banking)... With as much interest as possible (won't be much - Broken Britain and all)... Use that cash when you want to buy... Esp. if it's January as there may be sales...

I have about 15 bank accounts online - all with cash for different things :)

I have a dedicated gaming bank account - all my savings for games / consoles go in there each month... After bills, rainy day stuff, car, visas etc... All the important ones get done first. :D
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html

Overburdened
3 years ago#9
Banana_Mana posted...
Overburdened posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

I'm with Sheep... Make a new bank account (using online banking)... With as much interest as possible (won't be much - Broken Britain and all)... Use that cash when you want to buy... Esp. if it's January as there may be sales...

I have a dedicated gaming bank account - all my savings for games / consoles go in there each month... After bills, rainy day stuff, car, visas etc... All the important ones get done first. :D

That makes a lot of sense too, I could do that, me and my partner have a Joint account for bills/rent etc, I could make a third account for gaming/hobbies, all these good ideas flying around the place.

What bank are you with, RBS? (The only reason I said that, is because you're from Scotland :P) I'm with Lloyds Tsb, I can have multiple accounts with that?
Obliteration never felt so divine._

User Info: Banana_Mana

Banana_Mana
3 years ago#10
Overburdened posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
Overburdened posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

That makes a lot of sense too, I could do that, me and my partner have a Joint account for bills/rent etc, I could make a third account for gaming/hobbies, all these good ideas flying around the place.

What bank are you with, RBS? (The only reason I said that, is because you're from Scotland :P) I'm with Lloyds Tsb, I can have multiple accounts with that?

Bank of Scotland / Halifax - I hate them...

Hoping to move to Ulster bank soon. :D

You can't make all these accounts normally (well, you could but it would take aaaages)... So, it's best to do it online.

Create new account - online saver (or something to that effect)... Has helped me a lot with budgeting and saving for stuff.

We have separate accounts for bills, rent, housing deposit savings, visa stuff, games, dog... :) Transfer everything on pay day to each account - they have no cards attached to them so I never spend the money on stupid stuff!
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. If I were to buy a console...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived