This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I were to buy a console...

#1OverburdenedPosted 6/26/2013 1:55:30 PM
In a couple weeks or so, it will be ok to stay boxed up until January won't it? I want to get it as a present for then whilst I have money now.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
I..am..Kolos, the great Leviathan._
#2glassghost0Posted 6/26/2013 2:31:31 PM
well yeah
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3Overburdened(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 2:34:27 PM
I know it was a daft question, but better safe than sorry.Init bei.
---
#4joegt123Posted 6/26/2013 2:40:25 PM
Depending on the model you get you can pretty much guarantee it's going to have already been sitting on some shelf in some warehouse for a couple of years already.

Your closet won't be much different.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#5Dragon NexusPosted 6/26/2013 3:25:17 PM

There's a joke to be made out of that phrase. I just wish I was awake enough to think of it.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#6SheepinatorPosted 6/26/2013 3:37:06 PM
Put the money away somewhere. Buy it in January. It'll probably be cheaper, and the warranty will start from that date instead of now.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7Overburdened(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 11:22:52 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...

There's a joke to be made out of that phrase. I just wish I was awake enough to think of it.

I'd still like to hear it :D.

And Sheepinator. That makes sense, I might just do that, thanks.
---
#8Banana_ManaPosted 6/27/2013 12:11:07 AM
Overburdened posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

I'm with Sheep... Make a new bank account (using online banking)... With as much interest as possible (won't be much - Broken Britain and all)... Use that cash when you want to buy... Esp. if it's January as there may be sales...

I have about 15 bank accounts online - all with cash for different things :)

I have a dedicated gaming bank account - all my savings for games / consoles go in there each month... After bills, rainy day stuff, car, visas etc... All the important ones get done first. :D
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#9Overburdened(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 12:16:44 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Overburdened posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

I'm with Sheep... Make a new bank account (using online banking)... With as much interest as possible (won't be much - Broken Britain and all)... Use that cash when you want to buy... Esp. if it's January as there may be sales...

I have a dedicated gaming bank account - all my savings for games / consoles go in there each month... After bills, rainy day stuff, car, visas etc... All the important ones get done first. :D

That makes a lot of sense too, I could do that, me and my partner have a Joint account for bills/rent etc, I could make a third account for gaming/hobbies, all these good ideas flying around the place.

What bank are you with, RBS? (The only reason I said that, is because you're from Scotland :P) I'm with Lloyds Tsb, I can have multiple accounts with that?
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
#10Banana_ManaPosted 6/27/2013 12:23:14 AM
Overburdened posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
Overburdened posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

That makes a lot of sense too, I could do that, me and my partner have a Joint account for bills/rent etc, I could make a third account for gaming/hobbies, all these good ideas flying around the place.

What bank are you with, RBS? (The only reason I said that, is because you're from Scotland :P) I'm with Lloyds Tsb, I can have multiple accounts with that?

Bank of Scotland / Halifax - I hate them...

Hoping to move to Ulster bank soon. :D

You can't make all these accounts normally (well, you could but it would take aaaages)... So, it's best to do it online.

Create new account - online saver (or something to that effect)... Has helped me a lot with budgeting and saving for stuff.

We have separate accounts for bills, rent, housing deposit savings, visa stuff, games, dog... :) Transfer everything on pay day to each account - they have no cards attached to them so I never spend the money on stupid stuff!
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html