This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to password protect an xbox live account on the console side...

#1kungfuj0Posted 6/26/2013 5:59:30 PM
Is there a way to password protect an xbox live account at the console level?

Here's my situation. My nephews have a 360 and live gold. I trust them with said account and they are fine, but my niece also uses that 360 sometimes, and I don't have a lot of trust in her at the moment (looooooooong story there...) Anyway, I'd like to set it up so that in order to sign into the Live account that has gold on it, they would need to put in a code or password of some kind. Can I do that, and if so, how???

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
---
And to think...people laughed at me when I said MS could out-EA EA any day of the week.
Who's laughing now, *****es???
#2overlordlaharl0Posted 6/26/2013 6:07:27 PM
You can make it so in order to sign into ur XBL acc you have to put in a controller pass code. Go to your profile and navigate somewhere to acc security and you should be able to add a pass-code at sign in.
---
"I'm the chaos that always crawls up to you with a smile" - Nyarlathotep...Tuu tu Ruu.
Lol mods on this site are a joke.
#3kungfuj0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 6:12:06 PM
I thought I remembered seeing something like that, but I had forgotten where I'd seen it.

I want to fix it so she can still play games if she wants, but I don't want her online at all. If I can get it to where she would have to enter the code to sign in, that would be what I'd need, so thanks.
---
And to think...people laughed at me when I said MS could out-EA EA any day of the week.
#4Super CreaturesPosted 6/26/2013 9:19:51 PM
Just make it so that the console doesn't save the password for the account, forcing you to have to enter it every time you attempt to log into it.

Of course, that only works for as long as nobody shares the password with the person you are attempting to prevent accessing the account, such as one of your nephews telling your niece.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5kungfuj0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 10:51:53 PM
^ They won't tell her. In fact, they'll be glad she isn't on there changing things or whatever. Plus they understand why things like this need to be done. My niece needs some help, and as I am just her uncle, I have no legal standing upon which to get her that help. The people who do have their heads in the sand.

Anyway, I've got it figured out now. It shouldn't be a problem in the future. Thanks for your help.
---