This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You've sold or traded a game and then rebought it down the line

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 6/26/2013 8:03:13 PM
You've sold or traded a game and then rebought it down the line - Results (75 votes)
Yep, I felt the game was worth another look..or I missed playing it *sniff*
81.33% (61 votes)
No, I'm not insane -- if I sold it or traded it it was for a good reason!!
18.67% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've done it -- not too much in this gen but a ton of times last gen -- mostly platformers I wanted to give another look..but this gen I did this with Arkham Asylum - stupid me!
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#2TenzhiPosted 6/26/2013 8:07:00 PM
When I trade in a game, it's generally because I'm currently done with it and there's another one around the corner I'd like to have the store credit for. Every now and then I've reacquired such a game later at a cheap price.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#3joegt123Posted 6/26/2013 8:09:47 PM
Had and sold Gun on ps2. Bought it on 360.

Not entirely sure why but I suspect free achievements had something to do with it.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#4VandelayIncPosted 6/26/2013 8:10:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ
---
say no to kinect
#5glassghost0Posted 6/26/2013 8:12:10 PM
lol, several times.

I've owned gta 4/episodes in some form probably 5 or more times and I'm debating buying it again right now

Not anymore though
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#6chizzaroidPosted 6/26/2013 8:23:39 PM
I'm so stupid when it comes to that. I've done it with multiple games. And some games, I have repurchased them as many as 3 times. I've been trying to change my ways and have been a lot better about it lately.
---
GT: Chizzatron
#7Super CreaturesPosted 6/26/2013 8:24:10 PM
Yes, because when hard times hit, games are quick cash.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#8WiiareVenomPosted 6/26/2013 8:25:34 PM
chizzaroid posted...
I'm so stupid when it comes to that. I've done it with multiple games. And some games, I have repurchased them as many as 3 times. I've been trying to change my ways and have been a lot better about it lately.

---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#9kungfuj0Posted 6/26/2013 9:47:24 PM
Yep, I've done it.

Bought GoldenEye and FF7 at the same time back in the day. Somehow I didn't realize just how long of a game FF7 was gonna be, and when I did, I took GoldenEye back to EB. It drove me nuts to have a game sitting there unopened like that, so I took it back. I bought it back sometime after I beat FF7.

And I've never made the mistake (for me) of buying to high quality games like that at the same time again! ...literally, it drove me NUTS!!!
---
And to think...people laughed at me when I said MS could out-EA EA any day of the week.
Who's laughing now, *****es???
#10Halochief6Posted 6/26/2013 10:11:28 PM
Yeah. But with PS2 games. I was smart enough not make the same mistake with the 360. I never sell/trade-in games anymore.
---
"You haven't lived till you play fruit ninja with your wang." - cashedout_69