This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's the Assassin's Creed II curse!!

#1Luke_the_Duke15Posted 6/27/2013 5:47:54 AM(edited)
When Assassin's Creed II first came out, I was really looking forward to getting it on Christmas and couldn't wait to play it. But lo and behold, two weeks before Christmas my 360 got the RROD, and because it was the holidays, I didn't get it back until the beginning of January. Now, Assassin's Creed II is about to go on Games for Gold in either a few days or a couple weeks, and my 360 just Red Ring'd again (I wasn't really planning on getting ACII again though, it's just a weird coincidence I noticed).

Anyway, because my Xbox is no longer under warranty, I was thinking of just purchasing a Slim instead of going in for the repairs. What I was wondering is if the Slim comes with a Hard Drive transfer kit or not.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#2DieMyBridePosted 6/27/2013 5:49:18 AM
No it doesn't. You can get a cable pretty cheap though.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#3SunDevil77Posted 6/27/2013 5:51:17 AM
You can buy a used transfer cable from GameStop, use it, and return it for a full refund.
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4Luke_the_Duke15(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 7:03:05 AM
Another question: I want to keep on using the Xbox until it completely fails. So my question is how long it typically takes for a console to fail if it still runs after the red ring.

And before you ask, yes, it was three lights that lit up, it is a failure.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#5Matt_Man_2004Posted 6/28/2013 7:11:31 AM
Not really sure, I had one which red ringed then started working again before giving up a month or two later.

My current one red ringed about two years ago, started working again and has been fine ever since.
#6Luke_the_Duke15(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 7:12:59 AM
DAMN! I was under the impression it would last a day or two, a week at most.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#7656stoogePosted 6/28/2013 8:53:03 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
You can buy a used transfer cable from GameStop, use it, and return it for a full refund.

Nope. Can't so that. It tells you in the booklet that it's a one use only cable. Use it twice and you might lose data!!!
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#8AmazingDanyPosted 6/28/2013 9:58:43 AM
I had a blast with AC2, 100%ed it. Very, very good.

So different from the repetitive first AC..
#9SunDevil77Posted 6/28/2013 10:54:13 AM
656stooge posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Nope. Can't so that. It tells you in the booklet that it's a one use only cable. Use it twice and you might lose data!!!

Interesting, that's exactly how I did it. Guess I did it wrong...but it worked o_O
---
Look. I'm not a very good shot, but this American, here....uses really big bullets.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10Super CreaturesPosted 6/28/2013 11:05:01 AM
656stooge posted...

You mean Microsoft lies?

Who would have thought?

That is total, utter, 100%, USDA GRADE A, Prime, Bull****.

You run as much risk of losing data the thousandth time you use it as you do the first time.

It's a ****ing cable, saying it can only be used once is like saying that the USB cable on your mouse can only be used once, there is no self-destruct mechanism in it that renders it unusable after the first time.

But, then, so many people seem to think the 360 has a self-destruct mechanism in place that will render it inoperable the second the Xbox One is released.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.