This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's the Assassin's Creed II curse!!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. It's the Assassin's Creed II curse!!
2 years ago#11
Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
Another question: I want to keep on using the Xbox until it completely fails. So my question is how long it typically takes for a console to fail if it still runs after the red ring.

And before you ask, yes, it was three lights that lit up, it is a failure.

I've heard tales of "the towel trick" buying up to a year of usage. Don't know from first hand knowledge though as I've rocked a fat black 120 gig elite since launch and haven't had any problems. Just YouTube "towel trick" and you should be able to squeeze some life out yet.
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes I could care less if you take me for granite. If given free reign, I'll continue to tow the line so it's a mute point.
2 years ago#12
Super Creatures posted...

Don't shoot the messenger. I was just passing on what the manual told me! Laughed long and hard when I read it. A one use only cable. Lol.
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
2 years ago#13
You don't need a transfer cable. USB sticks work just fine to transfer your data.
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
2 years ago#14
656stooge posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
You can buy a used transfer cable from GameStop, use it, and return it for a full refund.

Nope. Can't so that. It tells you in the booklet that it's a one use only cable. Use it twice and you might lose data!!!

Mine has been used around 5 times between me and my friends. Guess we got lucky.
Less complaining + more practice = better player
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. It's the Assassin's Creed II curse!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived