This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's the Assassin's Creed II curse!!

#11IWUPosted 6/28/2013 12:34:49 PM
Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
Another question: I want to keep on using the Xbox until it completely fails. So my question is how long it typically takes for a console to fail if it still runs after the red ring.

And before you ask, yes, it was three lights that lit up, it is a failure.

I've heard tales of "the towel trick" buying up to a year of usage. Don't know from first hand knowledge though as I've rocked a fat black 120 gig elite since launch and haven't had any problems. Just YouTube "towel trick" and you should be able to squeeze some life out yet.
---
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes I could care less if you take me for granite. If given free reign, I'll continue to tow the line so it's a mute point.
#12656stoogePosted 6/28/2013 7:26:11 PM
Super Creatures posted...

Don't shoot the messenger. I was just passing on what the manual told me! Laughed long and hard when I read it. A one use only cable. Lol.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#13TheBeastWithinPosted 6/28/2013 7:33:39 PM
You don't need a transfer cable. USB sticks work just fine to transfer your data.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#14JRS511Posted 6/28/2013 8:28:27 PM
656stooge posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
You can buy a used transfer cable from GameStop, use it, and return it for a full refund.

Nope. Can't so that. It tells you in the booklet that it's a one use only cable. Use it twice and you might lose data!!!

Mine has been used around 5 times between me and my friends. Guess we got lucky.
---
GT/PSN - BULLETSandBLOOD
Less complaining + more practice = better player